Medecins du Monde (MdM) Current Job Recruitment
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilitator for Paediatric Advance Life Support Training
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Medecins du Monde (MdM) Strategy:
- In Nigeria, Medecins du Monde provides emergency medical assistance to host and displaced populations within the Northeast region of the country.
- This intervention is delivered through the following sectors: Improved access of host and displaced populations to free and comprehensive primary health care; universal access to SRH services, strengthening the continuum of care in SRH, and establishing good quality community care structures throughout the lives of the service users; improved access of the malnourished children, aged 6-59 months, to quality nutrition treatment including the management of Severe Acute Malnutrition.
- A component of MdM’s integrated primary health care services is staff capacity building and institutional strengthening. This is delivered through on job trainings and specific formal trainings according to particular needs. As part of this intervention, MdM will train the medical team on ‘’Basic Life Support’’ to scale up the quality of the emergency care provided at field level.
- Injuries and life-threatening incidents in the clinics (or at home) are always unexpected. The failure to take prompt action may escalate an emergency situation and lead to the mortality and morbidity of the victim. However, early intervention may be effective in preventing further deterioration of the patient’s condition, and may even reverse the life-threatening condition.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) is an emergency procedure required for victims of cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest and foreign-body airway obstruction.
- Prompt administration of PALS increases the child’s chances of recovery and it is believed that out-of-hospital mortality could be significantly reduced.
Purpose and Objectives:
- The main objective of this service is to provide training on Paediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) to equip the participants with basic knowledge, skills and attitude to perform with confidence paediatric advance life support techniques to save lives.
By the end of the training, participants should be better equipped to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality PAL and its impact on survival
- Identify all the procedures of the Chain of Survival and apply the PAL concepts for life saving skills.
- Recognize emergencies with signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality PAL on neonate, infants and children
- Develop mastery on BLS and PALs
- Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member
- Describe & perform the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction-choking in children.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
Application Deadline: 27th February, 2022 at 11pm. (Nigerian time).
Intersted and qualified candidates should send a comprehensive / detailed Profile indicating their competencies and experiences on similar projects to: [email protected] with the reference “Paediatric Advance Life Support Training” as the subject line.
Note: Candidates are not expected to submit their proposals. However, the successful candidates would be sent ‘Terms of Reference’ requesting for proposals.