Mechanical Piping Engineer at Calaya Engineering Services Limited
Calaya Engineering Services is a limited liability company that is specialized in Industrial & Oil Field Chemicals, Well Operations & Wellhead Maintenance, Corrosion Control, Monitoring & Prevention, Steel Structure Design, Construction & Fabrication, Cathodic Protection Services, Sand blasting & Coating, Calibration, Certification and Pressure Testing, Hybrid Acoustic Technology (HAT), Statutory Inspections and Nondestructive Testing, Waste & Environmental Management and Procurement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Piping Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
About the Job
- Ensure onshore readiness of all ECP campaign activities and interventions on Egina or AKPO
- FPSO working with the ECP Campaign Coordinator
- Achieves ECP construction activities for campaigns/major interventions offshore on schedule and according to HSE regulations.
- Manages a multi-disciplinary technical team from contractor, offshore efficiently and in a good working spirit.
- Provides onshore/offshore support to the ECP Campaign and Major shutdown coordinator
Job Contents / Problem Solving (Activities):
- Follow up readiness of all onshore items (materials, personnel, pre-fabs and premobilization, etc) for all ECP major interventions and campaigns.
- Organize and supervise day to day ECP campaign /major interventions works offshore to ensure successful delivery.
- Acts as the main point of contact of the ECP Contractor Site Representatives offshore.
- Evaluates construction issues on the worksite with Contractor and contribute to their resolution at worksite level whenever possible.
- Maintains offshore an updated register of all deviations and non-conformances and develop them into a punch list of items to be resolved regarding all SMRs/Projects where applicable.
- Monitors the overall progress of the contractors against schedule, providing reporting on same to line management, highlighting the potential for slippage and propose remedial actions and signing contractor daily reports.
- Perform site surveys to proffer solutions to site issues and provide inputs to preparation of Scope of works for fabrication and site construction activities
- Assists in constructability reviews and the planning and scheduling of construction jobs.
- Reports any site issue to ECP site Superintendent and maintain regular and efficient information to him.
- Ensures that activities performed on-site fulfil all HSE requirements.
- Implements with Contractor Site Representative, Risk assessments for all activities and ensure identified mitigations are in place.
- Ensures close Liaison with contractors and their sub-contractors, ensuring all permits to work are in place before the start of any campaign.
- Reviews construction contractors’ work procedures; assess contractors’ personnel and equipment for suitability for the work.
- Ensures contractors have viable schedules for their work, recognizing interfaces with other ongoing company activities.
- Ensures that contractors maintain adequate records for all inspection and testing carried out.
- being flexible enough but also strict when necessary (safety or other aspects) to achieve the objectives of the Site Modification Requests or of the Warranty Claim issues.
- Any other work of a similar nature as may be requested by DW ECP Management
- Participates in all pre-commissioning activities in conjunction with contractors’ staff and company operations staff.
- Maintains good relationships with FO/MTNC team, with DW-ECP teams and with Contractor(s),
Context and Environment:
- Work location: Job is based in Lagos with very frequents activities on Akpo and Egina FPSOs hence this is a 4×4 rotational position.
- Major clients: DW Field Operations and Maintenance departments.
- Constraints: Failure to develop a sound scope of work or execution plan, or failure to identify and communicate project issues in a timely, efficient manner, can result in severe impact on production, safety, and associated costs.
- Compliance with DW ECP HSE KPI & Objective and assist DW ECP in compliance with overall TUCN HSE requirement
- Ensures HSE values are well understood and are not breached under any circumstance while carrying out offshore construction activities on the FPSO.
- Establishes accurate records keeping, project follow up and good progress reporting.
- Ensures effective and timely response to construction activity and ensure compliance with company procedures.
- Validates offshore construction works by ensuring that they are accurate and meet overall Statement of Requirement.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- HND, B.Sc. / B. Eng in Mechanical / Piping Engineering or equivalents with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Oil and Gas construction activities
- Piping Site supervision, Installation, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning in an Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry preferably on an FPSO.
- Experience with Total FPSO will be added advantage.
Deadline: 12:00 noon, 10th February, 2021.