International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for the overall planning and implementation of monitoring all activities and outputs of the active projects.
- In consultation with supervisor, the MEAL Officer will undertake training responsibilities to equip the local government, partner organizations and community level staff/volunteers to undertake monitoring tasks.
- The MEAL Officer will contribute to efforts in outcome evaluation; and will draft and submit monitoring reports to the MEAL Coordinator.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors and or Masters in Statistics, Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Systems, or other relevant Certifications Professional Certification will be an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience in – program monitoring and evaluation which includes database development and management, remote monitoring, assessments and situation analysis in emergency settings
- Experience in working with a range of humanitarian donors (e.g. OFDA, ECHO, UN agencies, etc.) including established/required indicators
- Experience in working as M&E staff person, working with program and technical staff, on proposal development and donor reporting
- Experience in M&E positions on emergency response programming is preferred
- Experience in WASH, health, nutrition, GBV and food security programming preferred
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Creative and able to work with limited resources
- Ability to live and work in insecure environment with rapidly changing security situation
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus. In addition, She/he must be able to use analytical packages like EpiInfo, SPSS, SMART and STATA
- Strong English language ability (both written and verbal) and the ability to produce cohesive, informative reports including both qualitative and quantitative findings for a range of audiences
- Ability to speak Hausa is desired.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including IASC, CAAP, CHS, and Sphere Humanitarian Charter.
- Knowledge of data pitfalls, issues, and strategies for assessing the quality of collected data.
- Knowledge of different methods of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of descriptive univariate and bivariate data analysis using Excel Pivot tables.
- Knowledge of indicators and their measurement in the different sectors of relevance.
- Understand the concept of participatory monitoring, evaluation, accountability, learning, and needs assessment.
- Understand the fundamental principles of evaluation (concepts, purposes, and types of evaluations, contribution versus attribution, and counterfactual).
- Strong training facilitator/presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented.
- Have the analytical, conceptual, and strategic thinking skills.
- Building collaborative relationships.
- Manage performance by setting clear goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in English, Hausa and Kanuri languages both spoken and written.
- Apply the output indicators of the project to measure the achievement of each task and objective.
- Collect, analyze data and reports based on already developed templates on a regular basis from the field.
- Plan and conduct regular site visits to objectively observe the status of project implementation using the developed program supervisory & monitoring checklist
- Support the M&E Manager with monitoring data and relevant findings in preparations for the partnership, coordination and review meetings
- Provide training along with the M&E Coordinator to ensure the project and partner organization staff as well as the relevant government staff are capable of undertaking tasks under the project implementation
- Conduct monitoring visits to track indicators on all outputs
- Monitor partner organization’s performance on all project activities
- Design and conduct case studies in collaboration with the M&E Coordinator for projects implemented
- Write monitoring reports and success stories on project interventions, to submit to the M&E Coordinator.
- Maintain frequent communication with Project Managers to ensure program activities and objectives are communicated
- Assist in the capture of lessons learned and best practices for the response
- Assist staff person responsible for coordinating the development of donor program reports and internal reports
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Deadline: 30th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are an equal opportunity organization So Borno State Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Position: Nigerian nationals only