Market Insight Manager at Promasidor Nigeria
Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Insight Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Purpose / Objectives
- Research, monitor, compile and detail key competitor trends and activities, identify threats and opportunities, managing multiple data and insight sources to support business decisions.
Key Responsibilities / Activities
- Develop and distill insights into frameworks that inform brand strategy and drive key business decisions across product and marketing.
- Drive an integrated market research strategy and plan to proactively provide a comprehensive view of the consumer, trade and market.
- Manage all aspects of research, including partnering with key stakeholders to frame pain-points, designing research methodologies, implementing high-quality data collection, and analyzing results.
- Translate research findings into clear and actionable insights through thoughtful data collection, in-depth analysis, sharp observations, smart story-telling, and compelling presentations.
- Support new product development with actionable insights via trends, market opportunities/threats, taste test.
- Support the GTM team in developing a robust competitive price tracker embedded in the SFA.
- Act as point of contact/owner for a wide variety of marketing data sources.
- Manage research relationships with external agencies and internal partners on design, execution, analysis of market research.
- Review research brief /proposal to ensure most efficient execution.
- Support the team in developing and representing the “voice of consumer” through thoughtful data collection, insightful observations and careful analysis.
- Manage research budget and expenditure.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of Second Class a B.Sc. / HND from a reputable university/polytechnic, either in Nigeria or abroad.
- Postgraduate qualification in Marketing, Market research, Statistics or social science would be an advantage if the first degree is not in a related field.
- Understanding of research techniques.
- Interpreting data and information.
- Presentation skills.
- Third-party supplier management.
- Managing budgets and expenditure.
- Working in teams.
- Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Functional or Technical Skills:
- Problem solving.
- Strong Communicator – verbal and written
- Able to assimilate a range of information for decision-making.
- Strategic thinker
- Good interpersonal skills – persuasive, tactful.
Application Closing Date