Manager, Financial & Management Reporting at 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager, Financial & Management Reporting
Job ID: IRC4291
- Responsible for management of financial and management accounting and group reporting process, to deliver complete, accurate and robust financial reports on a timely basis.
- Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures to support EMTS Financial and management Reporting.
- Ensure accuracy of EMTS Financial information in Financial Accounts.
- Interpret and implement relevant local and International GAAPs in EMTS Financial Reporting.
- Ensure EMTS Financial and management reporting align with Group Reporting requirements.
- Implement financial impact of regulatory changes in EMTS Financial Reporting.
- Identify required resources, personnel to achieve set targets.
- Continuously review the unit/ team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Establish relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that all necessary inputs from other groups/departments for inclusion in the periodic reports are received on time.
- Supervise the maintenance of complete, accurate and valid records by ensuring that necessary reclassifications, accruals and provisions are booked within the relevant months.
- Supervise the creation and maintenance of Chart of Accounts (COA) on EPR-Oracle.
- Coordinate the reconciliation of all General Ledger accounts.
- Supervise the preparation of required monthly financial and group reports (Profits & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cashflow Statement, Variance reports, Statement of changes in shareholders’ equity) and other Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Supervise the preparation of required regulatory report from time to time.
- Supervise the preparation of Audited Financial Statements (AFS) and other related schedule.
- Ensure support to other department and assist in preparation of business plan, business cases, costs, and schedules to support growth in the business.
- Ensure preparation and reconciliation of Intercompany accounts and reports.
- Coordinate month end account closure activities
- Coordinate Internal and External audit engagement with Auditors
- First Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Post graduate degree (advantage);Relevant Industry certification
- An MBA or relevant postgraduate/professional qualification (CIMA, CFA, ACCA, ICAN, etc.)
- 6-8 years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.