Manager, Budget Control at 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager, Budget Control
Location: Lagos, NG
- Oversees budget administration and program analysis, examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Prepare yearly budget in conjunction with the Planning team and provide regular feedback to management on expenditure spend with the aim of monitoring benefits and ensuring delivery of value for money.
- Ensure all business units are conversant with established regulations, rules, directives and procedures as regards expenditure spend.
- Act as Finance Support staff to all SBUs, ensuring that adequate support and guidance is provided in line with the company’s processes, policies and delegation of authorities.
- Implement all established budgetary and financial policies and procedures; recommend new ones aimed at improving the operational aspects of the budget and planning office.
- Coordinate various departments for timely completion and reporting of budgeting activities.
- Prepare special analysis on ongoing projects; participate in the development portions of the quarterly rolling plan and annual budget and preparation of return on Investment.
- Co-ordinate input from all SBUs into the development of the annual budget, business plan and forecasts.
- Executes rigorous analyses of operating plans by examining the operational and strategic impact of those activities, including both comparative analysis against other similar activities and ROI analyses.
- Certify the availability of funds, analyze and revise unliquidated obligations to ensure that these remain valid and appropriate prior to approving project documents.
- Prepare budget analysis (Operating, Capital Expenditures, Projected Profit and Loss, Balance Sheets and Cash Flows)
- Ensure the monthly budget variances are analysed and reviewed with the management of each SBU with a view to ensuring budget compliance and cost savings.
- Monitor the processing of requests for management approval based on approved budgets
- Carry out other assignments as instructed by the Head, Financial Planning and Budgeting
- First Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university
- Membership of Professional association (CIMA, CFA, ACCA, ICAN, etc.)
- Minimum of Six (6) relevant years of experience.
- Financial Systems Knowledge
- Industry Knowledge
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
Application Closing Date
Share this job with your friends!