PIC Group, Inc., headquartered in Atlanta, GA and established in 1988, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, start-up and commissioning, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Superintendent (Expats Preferred)
Location: Benin City, Edo, Nigeria (relocation not required)
Duration: Permanent Hire
Facility type: Gas turbine equipped power generation plant
R&R: Every 3 months
- The Maintenance Superintendent is a member of the management team at the facility, reporting to and implementing directives of the Plant Manager.
- The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for all maintenance management aspects of the power plant.
- The position is responsible for the selection, training, and supervision of Maintenance Department personnel with the goal of maximizing equipment reliability and cost effective maintenance of all power plant equipment, systems, buildings, grounds, spare parts and tooling.
- This person will foster a team spirit by coordinating Maintenance Department activities with other plant departments. Furthermore, the Maintenance Superintendent will ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws when conducting activities in the facility.
- The Maintenance Superintendent also performs any other tasks or assignments delegated by the Plant Manager or as determined by the needs of the company.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Support the Plant Manager to meet the contractual, technical and commercial targets of the Plant;
- Monitor all applicable plant permits and regulations; notify the Plant Manager of situations that may result in violation of established limits and/or regulatory requirements;
- Direct all Maintenance Department personnel in the safe and efficient maintenance of the gas turbine, related auxiliaries, and balance of plant systems and equipment;
- Oversee plant maintenance in accordance with prudent industry practices, OEM recommendations, utility requirements, and according to the provisions of the Power Purchase Agreement;
- Ensure full implementation of the PIC Conduct of Maintenance program. Direct and oversee maintenance personnel to ensure compliance with the Conduct of Maintenance program and to achieve proper preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance of equipment, systems, and the plant in accordance with approved plant procedures;
- Respond to plant emergencies in accordance with the emergency response plan;
- Ensure staff compliance with the Permit-to-Work (PTW) and Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) procedures;
- Periodically support the Management team with audits of the Permit-to-Work or Lockout/Tagout system to ensure all required locks and tags are in appropriate and approved locations and that the system is being used properly;
- Establish and maintain plant maintenance data recordkeeping, including logs, trend logs, RCA, and reports pertaining to environmental regulations;
- Manage on behalf of the customer the long term (Siemens) gas turbine service contract with respect to planned and unplanned outage services of gas turbines;
- Ensure all procedures, documentation, drawings and manuals are kept up to date and necessary training is completed in a timely manner;
- Ensure suitable training programs are in place, both for individual development and engineering competence, and develop appropriate succession plans for the staff;
- Prepare one-year, three-year, and five-year Maintenance Plans, integrating operational activities with the Operations Plan;
- Prepare periodic reports as directed by the Plant Manager;
- Implement and ensure comprehensive usage of the plants’ Computerized Maintenance Management System;
- Liaise with all parties to ensure that planned outages of equipment are supported at the Plant with the correct tools, equipment, resources and procedures, and that all work is integrated into a single outage plan that is then managed by the jobholder;
- Periodically review the historical performance (maintenance history) of plant equipment and make adjustments to the maintenance program to drive to reliability centered maintenance;
- Development and implementation of a Long-Term engineering strategic plan and life cycle management for all plant systems and equipment;
- Completing the planned shutdowns within time and budget;
- Schedule and oversee tests on critical plant safety systems;
- Oversee subordinate personnel to maintain the plant in a clean, orderly condition;
- Ensure Maintenance Department personnel are fully participating the Training and Qualification program;
- Manage Plant maintenance costs, prepare, agree and then control the Maintenance Department budget;
- Develop and manage the Maintenance Department performance review and job progression programs. Administer disciplinary action of subordinate personnel in accordance with plant and company policies;
- Promote the plant and company in the surrounding community;
- Develop, implement and oversee employee recognition programs associated with Maintenance Department activities;
- Prepare and maintain the Maintenance Department work schedule;
- Oversee the development of plans to perform maintenance outages and ensure plans meet the objectives for the equipment as it relates to prudent industry practices, budgets and schedules;
- Analyze project particulars and determine resource allocation of current/future capital, personnel, and/or need to acquire sub-contractors for project execution;
- Assist shift operations personnel in the troubleshooting of plant operational problems;
- Encourage the plant staff and corporate personnel to periodically assess the existing plant administrative, operations, maintenance and compliance programs to ensure best practices are being incorporated and that the facility is performing at a level that is considered best in class;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
- The Maintenance Superintendent reports to the Plant Manager and works in harmony with the customer& PIC corporate management team.
- The Maintenance Superintendent coordinates activities among and between corporate personnel and plant personnel on matters pertaining to facility maintenance management, plant improvement projects, contract obligations, plant owner requests, and third-party activities.
The successful candidate should be able to read and understand corporate programs, policies, procedures and instructions specific to the O&M Agreement. Qualifications must include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience;
- A minimum of 5 years power generation experience with combined or simple cycle power plant application;
- A minimum of 3 years management experience in power plant operation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills and a proficiency with Microsoft suite of program including Word, Excel, Project, Visio, and PowerPoint;
- Experience in Maintenance Management and CMMS programs;
- Experience with cyber security standards, and Transmission and distribution companies and leverage existing assets to meet federal regulations;
- Valid Passport with the ability to travel internationally.
- Successful candidate maybe required to work extended hours including weekends and holiday, as necessary.
- Periodic travel to the PIC and/or customers corporate offices will be required to support plant business activities.
- This position will require a background check and a pre-employment drug screening.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal.
- We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.