African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mail Services Assistant, CHGS3
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000859
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies
The Hiring Department / Divison:
- The primary roles of the General Services and Procurement Department are to manage the Bank’s assets, oversee all corporate procurement of goods, services, works and real estate, coordinate all staff travel and transport of Bank’s goods and staff, catering services and other logistics arrangements and the mail services and keep staff informed about services offered.
- To this end, the General Services and Procurement Department formulates and applies rules for procurement, storage, and maintenance of furniture, office equipment and supply; design, prepare and implement programmes for the construction or acquisition and maintenance of buildings and premises; formulate and ensure the proper and effective application of administration policies within the Bank in such areas as communications, transport, travels, security, protection and safety of the Bank’s staff and property; and perform related duties.
- The department is responsible for managing the Bank’s fixed assets (valued at over UA 100,000,000). The General Services and Procurement Department comprises 3 divisions supervised by the Director General Services and Procurement. These divisions are: (i). Operations and Maintenance Division (CHGS.1); (ii). Corporate Procurement Division (CHGS.2); and (iii). Support Services Division (CHGS.3).
- The Division is responsible for the management of travel and logistics, restaurant and hotel services
- Reporting to the Principal Logistics Officer, within CHGS 3, the Mail Services Assistant is charged with organizing and supervising the expedient processing and timely distribution of approximately 100,000 postal and inter-office mail per year, as well as managing relationships with express mail companies and the National Post Office at Headquarters.
- The Mail Services Assistant advises staff on mail preparation and postal rates, train messengers, and follow up on payment of service providers invoices. He / she must have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Principal Logistics Officer or his delegated officials, the incumbent’s role includes but not limited to:
- Ensuring postal and / or courier activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the overall organization
- Preparing the team’s work program,
- Assigning work to team members.
- Arranging for courier distribution to internal customers.
- Providing technical guidance on work problems and exercising supervision over team members;
- Implement contracts in works at Headquarters (Express mail, ordinary mail & parcels, hiring of staff for distribution of mail)
- Preparing TORs for postal and courier services in consultation with the procurement division,
- Producing activity reports.
- Maintaining records.
- Liaising with external parties such as Express Courier Companies regarding movement of Bank mail.
- Planning, describing, arranging, explaining and confirming movement of all Bank mails.
- Preparing for the consideration of the Division Manager budgets for mail services.
- Assisting in setting rules and procedures for courier and mail services within the Bank
- Design mail follow-up and distribution solution in liaison with the IT department.
- Working with authorized courier companies, complexes, departments, and units to resolve technical issues that may arise particularly related to movement of mail within and beyond the Bank.
- Performing other related duties when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, etc.).
- Professional training in postal management.
- At least 5 years of relevant and progressive experience in postal service industry.
- Good knowledge of postal clearance procedures
- Strong supervisory and reporting skills.
- Dynamic, efficient communicator, effective team-work player, customer service oriented, analytical skills, and ability to work cross-functionally and under pressure.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good command of the other language.
- Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an advantage.
Deadline: 18th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position does not attract International terms and conditions of employment. (Incumbents of the position will be considered as local staff and will not have international status).
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and / or a screenshot showing the problem, to HR direct via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.