Logistics Manager at Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Location: Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Level: Manager / Supervisor
- Ensure availability of the right quality and quantity of the required material for the plant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Logistics, Business Administration, Transportation, or Engineering.
- Post graduate degree in logistics, supply chain or any relevant field will be an added advantage
- 5 – 7 years of experience working in logistics, warehouse, or transportation operations.
Skills & Competencies:
- Technical knowledge of mechanical and non-mechanical materials
- Knowledge of supply chain management
- Market and vendor knowledge for contract management
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and guidelines for supply chain management
- Strong attention to details
- Knowledge of regulatory norms on taxation, duties, import policies
- Knowledge of contract and commercial law
- Quality management skills
- Knowledge and application of IT systems in contracts management
- Strong Time Management skills
- Good negotiation and bargaining skills.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Take ownership of shipping & transportation and logistics arrangements for all procurement activities
- Management of third party logistics service providers
- Possess good knowledge of the INCOTERMS and explore the most suitable for every transaction.
- Good understanding of industry limitations and regulations.
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost
- Execute logistics plan for inbound and outbound spares for delivery to destination as scheduled
- Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routing or carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements
- Ensure optimum cost savings on all logistics related activities by providing and exploring available tax exemption windows
- Liaise with the relevant authorities for import and other statutory clearances required for procurement and imports
- Evaluate proposals from various freights forwarders to ascertain the most competitive and reliable means of importations and clearance.
- Develop and maintain good relationship with customs,shipping/logistics agents and port authorities
- Assist in automation and integration of the supply chain function
- Coordination with transporters and freight agents for timely delivery of goods
- Prompt processing of permits for clearance of Imported Consignment and payment of duties and taxes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.