Logistics Assistant at Solidarities International (SI)
Prefer not to state
Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016 and is present in North Eastern part of Nigeria. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North West region of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Ngala, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- The logistics assistant supports the logistician in implementing and supervising all logistical activities at his/her assigned base. In particular,
- He/she lends support to carrying out urgent activities and the filing and archiving logistical documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the logistics officer in their absence.
List of Main Tasks
Management of Supplies:
- Update price lists and vendor databases
- Control Solidarités International purchase procedures
- Verify and process quote requests and IOFs
- Compose and archive purchase folders
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
Management of Vehicle Fleet:
- Assist in the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Assist in monitoring and consolidating fuel consumption and miles travelled for all vehicles
- Prevent misappropriation of petrol and spare parts
- Monitor the administrative documents for all vehicles
- Draw up the vehicle schedule
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
Management of Equipment/Telecommunications:
- Assist in installing and securing materials
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining materials
- Organize training sessions in the use of means of communication
Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment:
- Update antivirus software
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
Management of Supplies:
- Supervise the maintenance and securing of warehouses
- Support the logistics officer in carrying out stock checks and physical inventories
Human Resource Management:
- Assist in the recruitment process and in evaluating the members of the logistical team
- Establish team schedules
- Ensure or assist with logistical training
- Minimum B.Sc. or HND in relevant field
- At least 1-year experience in Logistics with an INGO
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- He/she has good computer knowledge (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel).
Deadline: 18th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Select “Logistics Assistant – Ngala”, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.