Efficacy Construction Company is a Lagos Nigerian-based Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Company that specializes in all Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Works.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
- The Legal Officer will report to the Head, Legal Unit
- Review of all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the Company and ensure compliance with these
- Ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
- Provide reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments
- Develop compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due
- Ensuring compliance with best practices
- Participate in Business Process Re-engineering exercises to ensure controls therein
- Continual compliance risk assessment of company practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols.
- Serve as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advise management accordingly.
- Any other duties as required by the Line Manager
- Liaise with auditors, external lawyers, tax advisers, bankers and shareholders.
- Preparation of compliance documentation with relevant constitutive documents for statutory, legal, regulatory purposes.
- Liaison with all the subsidiaries within the Company’s Group, service providers, external legal advisers, and government agencies.
- Maintenance and review of Legal Agreements
- Developing and overseeing that the company meets its compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of the terms of agreements in all business contracts and agreements.
- Responsible for providing legal support in controlling customer complaints to mitigate the risk of litigation
- Review all documentation that has legal implications for the company prior to signing and implementing.
Deadline: 13th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted.