Hazon Holdings is a continually growing and leading conglomerate domiciled in Africa. We specialize in raising standards through our synergy of diverse business units. We are core believers in driving people, processes and businesses to attain peak productivity in given fields through steadfastness and ultimate discipline.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Job Expectation Summary
- The Legal Officer will be responsible for, but not limited to ensuring and advising the business on compliance to all corporate governance and other legal matters as well as negotiating contracts between the company and third parties.
He / she will be expected to:
- Advising the business on their legal and corporate governance responsibilities.
- Ensuring compliance to corporate governance and other legal matters.
- Interpretation and analysis of laws and regulations relating to companies.
- Negotiating contract arrangement between the company and third parties.
- Review of third-party contracts where the company has committed itself.
- Drafting legal documents for the company.
- Conducting searches, due diligence and filing of all necessary documents with the corporate affairs commission within the stipulated timeline.
To manage the company’s owned properties as follows:
- Drafting and lease agreements.
- To ensure that all tenants pay their rent as at when due.
- To serve all the required statutory notices to quit on erring or defaulting tenants
- Supervise construction or remodeling
- Maintaining all statutory books of the company.
- Ensuring compliance with all documentation required by regulatory bodies and corporate organizations for specific transactions as may be referred to him/her.
- Preparation of legal opinions on legal issues pertaining to internal and external activities of the company. This includes providing legal support for the company when necessary.
- Dispatching internal memo’s to the appropriate department.
- Liaise with the company’s external solicitors on Litigation.
- Make representation for the company in arbitration and court proceedings and any other dispute resolution proceedings when the occasion arises.
- Maintain a current knowledge corporate governance requirements, trends and key matters of interest for Boards.
- Process immigration related matters for the company
- Be the custodian the company’s policy and procedure; amend as required from time to time.
Desired Knowledge, Competency and Skill Requirement
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws
- Analytical skill
- Must be called to the Nigerian Bar.
Job Title: Legal Executive
Functions & Responsibilities
- Prepare a legal and regulatory compliance checklist and check for 100% compliance;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors;
- Ensure that none of the policies and procedures of the Company and its related activities is illegal, unethical, or improper;
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures;
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability develop/implement corrective action plan for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Manage interactions/ correspondence with regulators and relevant legal agent.
- Offer dispute resolution advice including matters of recovery claims and actions;
- Liaising with external Lawyer representing the Company in any form of dispute;
- Handle all default related litigations.
- Drafting and review of contracts, including but not limited to contracts for provision of goods and services; acquisition of goods and services, partnership contracts, etc;
- Ensure legal documentation of transaction executed by the company;
- Ensure appropriate execution and monitor implementation.
- Provide Legal advise on the relevant laws and regulations as it concerns the business of the Company;
- Draft Legal Opinions when requested.
- Ensure effective and efficient filing system
- Ensure proper custody of sensitive documents
- Ensure proper titles and ownership of Group’s assets.
- 2-4 years post bar experience in Corporate, litigation and commercial legal practice.
- Must have a working knowledge of investor relations function.
- Must have experience in preparing executive-ready PowerPoint presentations.
- Must be able to interpret financial statements and understand the financial instruments
- Must have knowledge of legal and statutory filing and reporting requirements.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved;
- Verbal and written communication skill
- Integrity, transparency and honesty, and must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to flexibly change deadlines and work priorities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, ERP (enterprise resource planning) etc.
- Vast legal knowledge (corporate and litigation) – local and international
- Legal document drafting – e.g. contracts, agreements, NDA etc.
- Managerial skills
- Knowledge of statutory requirements for business processes relating to the company services.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted and contacted.