At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Project Manager – Data Centres
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- We are leaders in professional services to the Data Centre’s, R&D facilities, Distribution & Logistics Centres, Manufacturing facilities for Aerospace, Automotive, FMCG and Pharmaceutical sectors globally. Due to the continued success and expansion of our West African Data Centre business we currently have an opportunity for a Lead PM with data centre expertise.
- Our people are the key to our success and are our most important asset. As a Lead Project Manager (Lead PM) for a large data centre client you will join our West African Project Management team to provide services that help our clients devise strategies to deliver successful business solutions prior to sanction, achieve confidence around project delivery for data centres, ensure projects are effectively managed & controlled and facilitate the capture and transfer of knowledge.
Duties of a Lead Project Manager
- As Lead PM you will have responsibility, amongst others, for the service stream in terms of Project Resourcing, Best Practice and Knowledge Management, Tool & Systems, Key Account Management, Service Opportunity identification and Service Development.
- You will continue to promote the interests of Turner & Townsend giving the full benefit of your knowledge, expertise and skills to all your business undertakings.
- In undertaking the role of Lead PM, Turner & Townsend have specific expectations to be met. The expectations will form part of your continuous development and performance measurement. These are set out as follows:
- Total service delivery to all clients within Africa. Your reporting structure with other Directors / MSL will ensure that you are best placed to direct resources to maximise return.
- Your focus will be continuous improvement at a service level and coordinating with other Directors / MSL to maximise opportunities available with our Key Accounts.
- You will also be expected to implement and or update requisite tools and systems to ensure staff are able to deliver a professional and efficient service.
- The leadership of people is a key role. You will take high level responsibility for all employees working within your team.
- You will determine the resource planning at the start of the financial year and revise accordingly any increased headcount requirements in line with new clients.
In particular you will:
- Have the ability to differentiate Turner & Townsend from our competitors in the market place and explain our key differences in a positive and non-disparaging way during interview
- Conduct annual staff appraisals and work with other Directors to produce the Performance Agreements for all other staff reporting to you
- Determine salary changes and application of discretionary bonuses for those reporting to you
- Be involved with disciplinary, misconduct and dispute cases of your employees within your industry business unit
- Represent the Turner & Townsend culture
- Attract and interview candidates to join Turner & Townsend through your demeanour, your positive attitude and your ability to promote Turner & Townsend
- Conduct effective quarterly development reviews with employees reporting to you
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Construction, Project Management or equivalent qualification
- 12 years or more of project management experience and must have at least built 2 data centres of between 5 – 10 MW
- Must preferably be registered with a professional body as Professional Project Manager
- Exemplary Leadership and Stakeholder engagement experience
- Industry knowledge and exposure
- Providing key technical and commercial advise within the data centre space to clients across commercial projects
- Managing key client accounts and winning new business through organic growth and referral opportunities
- Ensuring that projects stays on time and within budget
- Manage overall project costs, schedule and budgets
- Manage General Contractor and other directly contracted vendors and consultants
- Review construction proposals and related pricing/scopes.
- Review, correct and assess work-in-place, to approve capital expenditure spends
- Review and approve cost loaded schedules
- Run and lead client and other required meetings
- Identify factors that influence construction costs and monitor and report on this data
- Embracing and working in a digital project management environment
- Ensuring full compliance with all policies, legislation, regulations and procedures
- Reporting regularly to key stakeholders including internal teams, appointed technical partners and the client
- Acting as a role model that drives a One Business culture and achieves great outcomes by striking the right balance for our people, clients, shareholders and society
- Always acts with the highest integrity, caring for the safety and wellbeing of others
- Detailed understanding of the market, acting as a brand ambassador and creating a pipeline of opportunity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
- We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
- Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.