Strategic Workforce Solutions Limited (‘SWS’ or ‘the Company’) is an HR Consulting firm that was established in 2014. The Company is incorporated as a Private Limited Liability Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The Company offers services in HR Advisory, Performance Management, Change Management, Organizational Development, Policy and Process Development, Job Analysis & Evaluation, Outsourcing Executive Training & Recruitment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary / General Counsel
Location: Wuse 2, Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure that the Organization complies with appropriate legal requirements for the continued existence of the company and effectively mitigate the company’s legal exposure
- Perform all Company Secretarial and administrative duties of the Board of Directors and coordinate the organisation’s Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Provide oversight on all legal services activity aimed at managing the interface with the regulatory bodies and shareholders.
- Serve as the company’s chief legal adviser and company secretary
- Oversee and champion the articulation and development of the department’s strategy and ensure its alignment with the Organization’s corporate strategy, business goals and objectives
- Coordinate the drafting, vetting and review of all statutory and regulatory agreements, perfections, contracts and other formal arrangements including administrative and personnel matters
- Champion the articulation of alliance guidelines and agreement with third parties and liaise with operators/regulators in the industry to implement such
- Ensure the Organization’s compliance with stipulated statutes such as the Company and Allied Matters Act (CAMA), Banks and other Financial Institutions Decree (BOFID), Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other directorates of the institutions, incorporation compliance and corporate governance
- Oversee the appointment of external legal solicitors to assist in providing legal services to the Organization
- Provide required Company Secretarial functions for Board and AGM meetings
- Attend to external inquiries on the directorate, incorporation and shareholding of the company
- Coordinate the liaison and retrieval/dissemination of information to the Organization’s Registrars in respect of share dividends/issues and related matters appropriately
- Act as secretary to the Organization’s management committee, draft and review minutes of board meetings and shareholders resolutions
- Maintain the register of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership
- Oversee company share transactions such as issuing new shares, arranging the payment of dividends and observing all legal requirements.
- Define, implement and ensure strict adherence with standard policies and procedures which guide both internal and external information dissemination
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree with 7 – 10 years work experience.
Job Title: Corporate Communications Intern
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Duration: The Duration of this internship is 12 weeks but can be extended on a case-by-case basis.
- Manage traditional media relations and social media for the firm
- Develop a social media calendar for the rest of the year
- Work closely with the public policy team to monitor and track media reports for key political and economic updates. Interns will collaborate with the public policy intern to prepare weekly briefs on the political economy of selected African countries
- Prepare press releases, briefing memos, newsletters, and strategic messages for senior management
- Work closely with public policy team to develop two publishable articles on a policy topic of regional focus every month
- Develop a calendar of Africa-focused events, register the firm for such events, and secure speaking roles for senior management
- Leverage technology tools to visualize macro-economic data. Intern will work closely with strategy and finance intern on ways to integrate visual data elements into the firm’s communications plan and social media strategy
Successful interns will have the following attributes:
- Academic Qualification:
- A recent graduate, an undergraduate, or a graduate student in communications, international relations, journalism, public relations, or any other social sciences degree.
- Other concentrations showing significant alignment with stated requirements will be considered
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Proficiency in French, Igbo, Hausa, or Yoruba will be an advantage
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and MailChimp
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Social Media Ads will be strongly considered
- Experience developing press releases and working with large-volume reports
- Experience presenting before an audience or interfacing with clients
- Prior working experience in a communications agency or media outlet will be considered favorably
- Experience using PowerBI or Tableau for data visualization
- Experience working on a subject area on agriculture, health, or technology will be considered favorably.
Job Title: Head, Treasury
Location: Wuse 2, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Execute deals as directed by the CFO
- Invest excess funds with counterparties
- Negotiation of rates with counterparty
- Maximize return on investment
- Monitor performance of investments on a daily basis
- Prepare daily reports on investment activities and performance
- Manage relationship with clients
- Ensure proper account documentation and execution of agreed services
- Develop training packages and deliver training services, as required
- Manage relationships with Treasurers of other financial institutions, correspondent banks and top management officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
- Serve on committees or cross-functional teams and perform other duties as assigned by the CFO
- Manage Organization’s liquidity to generate maximum returns
- Source funds for creation of asset liability
- Advice Management on banks to be used on funds to be utilized for daily transactions
- Knowledge of financial/ treasury products and services
- Knowledge of debt and equity structuring with emphasis on dynamics of other Nigerian money and capital market operations
- Good knowledge of Liability management, interest rate risk management and contingency funding
- Sound understanding of the Nigerian financial service industry
- Knowledge of long and short-term cash forecast models
- Knowledge of domestic and international treasury operations, risk management and bank relationship management
- Basic understanding of derivative products
- Knowledge of working capital management and investment management
- Good understanding of overall procedures in treasury services
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree with 5-9 years work experience.
Deadline: 15th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” (e.g Application as Company Secretary / General Counsel) as the subject of the email.