Latest Vacancies at Asharami Energy Limited
Asharami Energy Limited (a Sahara Group upstream Company) is one of Africa’s leading independent E &P players with a diverse portfolio of 9 oil and gas assets in prolific basins across Africa. Asharami Energy Limited and Sahara Energy Fields Holdings UK limited are the entities at the forefront of our upstream operations.
These assets are at various stages of development ranging from exploratory fields to mature producing fields with huge potential for positive returns.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Operation Supervisor
Job type: Full Time
- Asharami Energy is an individual who will be accountable and responsible for managing all field operations activities aimed at protecting and adding value to Asharami Energy by ensuring that all activities in the field are carried out in a safe, cost effective and environmentally responsible manner.
- These activities may include but not limited to mentoring and development of less experienced production staff, proper production assets management including wells, flow lines, vessels, pumps etc and ensuring effective achievement of BP production targets.
- Other functions include production records keeping, protection of equipment, ensuring HSSE policy compliance and driving departmental cost control initiatives within field operations.
- Supervise Operations of Oil / Gas Wells, Remote manifolds, Flow stations, Gas plant and associated assets in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with stipulated guidelines.
- Manage day-to-day production operations field activities and manage safety and environmental issues.
- Liaises with onshore production support engineers regarding production issues
- Measure and report production volumes accurately daily and ensure production losses are minimised.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on wells and facilities to ensure stability.
- Prepare the wells and facilities / equipment for (re) commencement of production/processing.
- Perform monthly well test and sampling of producing wells.
- Perform periodic well integrity assurance tasks and activities (both well’s flow-wetted and non-flow-wetted components
- Perform daily first line monitoring of process parameters and variables.
- Ensure optimized chemical injection rates are followed as advised.
- Responsible for preparing equipment for maintenance including isolation, draining, steaming, and other procedures as required.
- Report any breach of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Proactively inspect facilities with a view to proposing and implementing appropriate preventive maintenance action.
- Ensure that CASHES Polices are implemented. Ensure strict compliance with 14 live saving rules and target zero.
- Provide adequate mentoring and training for less experience personnel
- Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in oil and gas industry experience with minimum of 10 years in a direct HC production asset management role
- Working knowledge of key maintenance procedures and sparing philosophy required
- Good knowledge of standard oil field practices especially in emergency response situations and procedure for medevac or personnel evacuation.
- Strong statistical and analytical orientation
- Target driven
- Good innovative ability
- Work with limited supervision and self starter.
Job Title: Operations Technologist
Job type: Full Time
- Asharami Energy is seeking an individual who will be responsible for the control, efficient performance, and maintenance of industrial equipment or systems.
- Asharami Energy expects the ideal individual to oversee general technical processes and ensure optimal performance and operation.
Operations & Maintenance:
- Ensuring safe operation of the process plant and associated utilities (fire water systems, reverse osmosis plant, HVAC systems).
- Start up, operation, optimisation and shut down of the production process (wellheads, separation, gas processing and compression, oil and gas export.
- Carry out first line maintenance on process equipment.
- Monitor plant, equipment and complete daily logs, report all equipment defects and abnormalities.
- Ensure the plant is always operated at maximum efficiency.
- Assist with process trouble shooting and defect eliminates processes.
- Ensures work operations follow set health and safety standards.
- Ensure quality, cost, KPI targets are met while monitoring the defect Elimination (DE) process.
- Study and evaluate operational procedures to modify or redesign the process of operations in order to enhance performance and output.
- Maintain alignment with Process safety standards and expectations.
- Assist in review and edit of maintenance procedures.
- Assist in developing scope of works for preventative and corrective maintenance activities.
- Degree in Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years experience as an Operator in large onshore or offshore oil and gas plants including Floating Production Storage and Offloading Systems (FPSO)
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Ability to perform tasks with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Strong communication skills.
Job Title: Instrument Technologist
Job type: Full Time
- Asharami Energy is seeking an experienced Instrument Technologist who will carry out planned or unplanned maintenance and repair activities on a wide range of electronic and instrument-based equipment and process control and safety systems e.g. fire and gas, process control, turbine operating systems.
- Ensure Maintenance of all Advanced Process Control Systems within the facility
- Maintain and ensure optimal performance of Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Control where necessary using available Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Management and implementation of Oil and gas flow-station facilities with minimum down-time
- Carry-out FEED (Front-End Engineering And Design ) for all instrumentation Projects.
- Ensure Compliance with Instruments financial standards by providing annual budget information;
- Monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Supervision of produce waste- water treatment issues and processes for Sustainable production
- Ensure Optimum Performance of all Custody transfer equipment’s ( meters, pumps, tanks e.t.c).
- Ensure Compliance of flow-station instrument and related facilities to DPR standards
- Review & implementation of P& ID for existing / new flow-station
- Designing and develop where necessary control systems for existing and new equipment
- Carry out Testing, maintenance and modification of existing systems where necessary;
- Ensure all tasks and activities are performed in accordance with Sahara’s policies and procedures.
- A Degree in Engineering or related course
- A minimum of 10 years cognate experience
- Good understanding of industry and HSE practices applicable to job role
- Practical knowledge and experience of maintenance of instrumentation equipment, control systems, etc.
- Ability to interpret / mark-up technical drawings
- Good communication skills.
Job Title: Mechanical Technologist
Job type: Full Time
- Asharami Energy is seeking a highly-skilled mechanical technologist to work with our engineering team.
- The role includes updating service, repair records, maintaining our machinery, and running diagnostic tests on machinery and equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- The individual must exhibit solid knowledge of mechanical performance standards and experience in a similar field of specialization.
Equipment and Plant Management:
- Carries out routine maintenance and testing activities
- Completes fault-finding and repair of mechanical systems and equipment
- Modifies, repairs or replaces systems and equipment Installs new systems and equipment as required
- Participates in Risk Assessments as part of Integrated Safe System Of Work (ISSOW)/Permit to Work preparation
- Interprets technical drawings and updates with any changes following the installation of new systems and equipment
- Orders spares and consumables as required on an ongoing basis
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision/ management
- Documenting processes and maintaining mechanical service records
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues always.
- Provide support as part of the installation emergency response team
- Prepares reports on work activities
- Training co-workers on the safe and efficient use of mechanical machinery and equipment.
- Maintaining a tidy work environment and adhering to industry regulations.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years experience as a mechanical technician in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering designs, installations, maintenance, and repairs.
- Proficiency in mechanical design and diagnostic testing software.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Willingness to perform mechanical maintenance and repairs outside of business hours.