United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finacle Support Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To Provide 24X7X365 access to Finacle application to UBA NIGERIA.
- Ensuring smooth running and availability of Finacle 24 x 7 for UBA Nigeria.
- Finacle Application Support 2nd level support and beyond in UBA Nigeria
- Batch Job set up and review in UBA Nigeria.
- Ensure that ALL Finacle and csis services are up and running on 24 x 7 basis in UBA Nigeria.
- General Finacle parameter review and set up/modification
- Scheme parameter set up, review and modification
- Liaise with consultant on EOD/Processing issues
- Business Office Sol creation on Fiancle and set-up
- Set up, review and modification of Automated Charges
Key Performance Indicators:
- 24X7X365 access to Finacle application to UBA Nigeria.
- Turnaround time in line with SLA on Finacle Support in UBA Nigeria
- BSc and other relevant professional qualifications.
- Minimum of 2 years cognate Banking experience.
Key Competency Requirements
- Good knowledge of Banking
- Finacle Administration
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Bank policy and best practices
- UNIX skills
- Reporting skills
- Interpersonal skills
Job Title: Team Member, Data Warehouse
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Responsible for instituting and enforcing standard procedures as regards to Data quality and accuracy of reporting system
- Leading initiatives that relate to ensuring Master Data Management is in place across all Integration systems thereby increasing data reliability.
- Effective liaison with requesting units / business users in gathering requirements and conducting related analysis in order to achieve optimal results Build a trust relationship with the Business Unit staff (executive to junior official).
- Implementation of strict compliance within the Data warehouse
- Serve as business interface with support team on data / validation issues
- Liaise with technology on any extraction bottlenecks, ensure that measures are in place to maintain a clean data warehouse with highly reduced unclean data.
- Detailed Business Requirement for Business Reporting, which results in frequent change requests to meet business demands.
Data Warehouse Review:
- Data profiling
- Data discovery
- Information chain analysis and management
- Root cause analysis
- Ensure data and mapping quality
Execution and Support:
- Propose and effect the execution of improvement initiatives to the bank’s BI/Data warehouse environment.
- Work with Data warehouse team in supporting/maintaining performance management driven dashboards E.g Performance Scorecard, ATM Profitability, Deposit Volume, E-product Enrolment, etc.
- Liaise with users on regular basis with a view to providing a proactive approach to problem resolution.
- Contribute to the improvement of the BI/MIS platforms or processes via innovative ideas, strategies and related initiatives.
- Alignment and Perform other duties as may be assigned by Head IT Enterprise Applications
- Data quality assurance measures across the industry.
- Integration of other enterprise data system for rapid and efficient dissemination of financial information and data analytics bank-wide.
Data Management Repository:
- Maintain inventory of data content (structure, level of detail and amount of history).
- Periodically review all data content in the BI environment to identify opportunities for improvement of problem avoidance.
- Co-ordination of a metadata solution of incompatibility between the warehousing environment and other systems.
- First degree in any relevant field of study.
- Post graduate degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years experience of which 2 years must have been spent in a similar role in Data Warehouse & Data Quality.
Key Competency Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and products
- Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of business intelligence tools.
- Good Understanding of analytical trends and solutions in use in Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Proven passion for the data quality discipline
- Good interpersonal skills
- Extremely meticulous in approach to work
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet established deadlines
- A strong drive for results
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong character, Team Player, Flexibility
- Ability to function in a high volume setting with tight deadlines
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
Remuneration and Benefits
Negotiable and competitively structured in line with the industry pay standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.