Latest Jobs at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer – Nigeria IHP
Ref No: req8763
Report: State Finance and Administration Director
Duration: 5 years in IT Support with some knowledge of operations
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium seeks an IT Officer for the five-year USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) – Task Order 3 – Bauchi State. The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
- The purpose of Task Order 3 is to implement priority primary health interventions in Bauchi state to strengthen the state government area (LGA), and ward-level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC services; and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
- Task Order 3 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- The IT Officer is the first point of contact and initial point of support for technical requests, assistance and advice to field staff for software, hardware and services utilized throughout the country. The IT Officer will be expected to ensure that IT&T infrastructure is fully operational, strategically appropriate and compliant.
- Performs windows operating system deployments using existing Microsoft WDS to meet SOE (Standard Operating Equipment) procedures and internal policies
- Provides first-tier support for computer hardware. Hardware support to include, but not limited to, laptop computers, printers, switches, wireless access points
- Troubleshoots software applications such as Microsoft Office and operating systems including Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Provides audio/video support and familiar with boardroom equipment in a corporate setting
- Familiar with and able to manage wired LAN and WLAN network technologies, troubleshoot and resolve faults
- Able to set up and integrate wireless point to point radios into existing networks
- Reports to State Finance and Administration Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related discipline; master’s degree (preferred and possession of an MBA is added advantage.)
- Total minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems specifically Windows 7
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
- General knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Network experience
- Aptitude and interest for technical activities
- Have the ability to multitask, work under pressure, take initiative, and acquire and apply technical skills as necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems and devise effective solutions
- Willing to maintain and create IT application and process documentation.
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- Results-oriented and proven record of managing expenditures within budgets.
- Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
Job Title: Operations Officer – Nigeria IHP – Bauchi
Ref No: req8764
Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
Reports to: Operations Manager
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
- IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems. It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- The Operations Officer will work from the Abuja Country Office and provide operations support to the state office.
- The Operations Officer reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations and logistics of the state program, including local and in-country travel, local vendor relationships, and event and meeting arrangements.
Procurement and Contracts Management:
- In consultation with the project team, explore market and collect price quotations from suppliers and vendors.
- Collect necessary documents and information to process purchase orders, consultant agreements, letter agreements, subcontract/agreements and/or sub-grants.
- Keep up-to-date electronic database, documentation of necessary information and deliverables in the files of each consultant agreement, sub-agreement, contract, grant, vendor, etc.
Office Administrations and Logistics:
- Maintain appropriate and updated filing system for all project documents including procurement documents (Due Diligence forms, biodatas, hosting checklists; competitive quotations); field vouchers, approved budgets and purchase orders); and workshop/activity payments; checks.
- Assist in management of Field Office assets, premises, supplies, publications, facilities and logistic services as required.
- Administer regular maintenance of all office space and equipment including necessary insurances in place and processing of claims in case of loss.
- Serve as backup for administration of transportation for the office and staff for local and international travel.
- Maintain HR-related files, including monthly updating of leave time accrued/taken, ensuring medical insurance for staff.
- Maintain up-to-date record of all rent, service and utility contracts for the office and, administer prompt payment of rents, insurance, service and utility bills.
- Assist in performing project close out activities.
- Work with project team to calculate and submit cost share information, where applicable.
- As necessary, assist in financial audit. Maintain accurate and up-to-date operational, personnel, and other records as required by corporate management and/or Nigerian law.
- Work closely with Finance Officer for daily tasks and overall project management
- Manage expendable property
- Perform receiving function, record and tag all items
- Issue supplies and stationery to staff
- All other duties and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized academic institution in business or related field or 4 years working in administration; MBA is an advantage.
- Proven competency in planning, organizing, and implementing operational activities.
- At least 4 years of administration experience with a good understanding of business operations and controls; experience with international organizations and USAID regulations an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong supervision skills to ensure activities, schedules and progress are reviewed and monitored.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating staff; a good understanding of performance management.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making. A minimum of 2 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching;
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
Project Management Expertise;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports;
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills;
- Strong management skills with the ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff;
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required;
- Demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a high level of professional maturity is required.