Latest Job Openings at TechnoServe Nigeria
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Requisition Number: PROJE01512
Job Category: Programs
Job Type: Full-Time
- The Project Manager (PM) will manage and represent the project in northern Nigeria. Through strong leadership and technical support, the PM will lead the overall implementation, and supervision of all program activities.
- S/he will be responsible to ensure quality and timeliness. It should be understood that the tasks outlined below are the key responsibilities, but the employee will be expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the program’s vision and objectives;
- Design and implement detailed workplan to identify, prioritize, and plan program activities for successful and timely delivery; and ensure mobilization of appropriate resources to deliver work plans;
- Interact closely with all relevant program partners and stakeholders;
- Support recruitment of program staff and consultants; Design and supervise their work;
- Raise proactively key risks and issues of concern to the Country Director;
- Monitor program budgets and approve program expenditures in accordance with budget and TechnoServe policy direction.
- Supply hands-on and specific advice to program staff and participants on how to achieve program targets and sustain achievements;
- Provide guidance and knowledge to aggregators on how to strengthen their linkage with smallholder farmers and farmer groups, maintain loyalty and avoid grain contamination;
- Design templates to monitor and report program performance.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Define clear, tangible, and achievable program indicators and targets, in close collaboration with Regional MEL Manager;
- Ensure appropriate systems and processes are in place to efficiently collect, analyze, and report on program data, in close collaboration with Regional MEL Manager;
- Ensure timely delivery of all deliverables of the project;
- Liaise and update donor regularly on program progress as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness and/or related discipline. Any relevant combination of degrees would be a plus;
- Demonstrated experience implementing agriculture development programs in Nigeria for donors such USAID, DFID, World Bank, and/or Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, or similar; Experience in northern Nigeria is a plus;
- At least 4-6 years of managerial experience in agriculture production and market development, preferably with knowledge in maize and sorghum value chain development in Nigeria and/or elsewhere;
- Ability to engage and advise a broad range of stakeholders, including senior management of private sector companies, farmers at all levels, donor representatives, and others;
- Ability to structure and manage complex tasks, including experience in work planning and activity budgeting;
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills;
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, preferably with project/program management experience;
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to develop short and cohesive reports addressed to donors;
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- Ability to communicate in Hausa is a must;
- Working knowledge of the project geography is an added advantage.
Job Title: Quality Control and Assurance Specialist
Requisition Number: QUALI01513
Job Category: Programs
Job Type: Full-Time
- The Quality Control and Assurance Specialist will work with the Project Manager and grain aggregator SMEs to provide quality control and assurance services, while ensuring that high quality food grade grains are supplied to the aggregators’ facilities and to premium markets.
- S/he will ensure that program activities meet desired quality by supporting training, monitoring and reporting. It should be understood that the tasks outlined below are the key responsibilities, but the employee is expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and or facilitate training of aggregator staff on best practices of how to sort, clean and test grains for quality;
- Support and or facilitate training of aggregators on how to trace and document grain supply;
- Train aggregators and sub-aggregators staff on how to sample and analyze grains for Aflatoxin, Fuminosin and Aluminium contamination;
- Facilitate training of trainer (ToT) for lead farmers and aggregators on improved grain drying methods, physical identification of Aflatoxin and Fuminosin contaminated grains etc;
- Support Extension Agents to ensure quality delivery of training of farmers, transporter and sub-aggregators on how to identify and mitigate contaminants
- Train aggregators on how to disseminate weather information to farmers and sub-aggregators;
- Provide or facilitate training of aggregators on business and financial management
- Ensure and support data collection and recording for performance monitoring
- Support record-keeping of farm activities, data collection of information required for monthly report; and
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor in Agriculture, Business Management and other relevant fields;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing similar services;
- Proper understanding of quality control and assurance;
- Ability to sample and test grains for Aflatoxin, Fumonisin and Aluminium;
- Ability to use the Mobile Assay Test Kits;
- Adequate knowledge of small holder grain production and marketing in northern Nigeria;
- Adequate knowledge of GAP and post-harvest handling of grains;
- Experience of providing ToT to similar audience;
- Experience of participation in similar donor funded project;
- Ability to actively engage with community leaders and cooperatives;
- Ability to communicate in Hausa language is mandatory;
- Ability to develop well written, cohesive analyses and reports;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with relevant software packages, including Microsoft Excel;
- Relevant QC / QA certification.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Deadline: 16th October, 2020; 17h00 WAT.
- We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
- TechnoServe encourages diversity at all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability, and all other protected classes.
- TechnoServe is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org