The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Movement Cooperation Officer 2
Job ID: ABJ202000142
Duration: 3 months
- Under the supervision of the Movement Cooperation Coordinator, the Movement Cooperation Officer 2 will support the ICRC departments in the harmonisation of ICRC internal procedures of engagement with the Nigerian Red Cross (NRCS) volunteers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces an Internal Guidance document for use of ICRC departments to support the implementation of harmonised and consistent engagement procedures.
- Develops the partnership skills of the ICRC colleagues engaging with the NRCS
- In close coordination with ICRC Legal Department and HR, ensures that engagement modalities are consistent with Nigeria Labour Law.
- Advises on the adoption of working modalities that are compliant with NRCS Statutes and NRCS policies, internal rules and regulations of both ICRC and NRCS.
- Liaise as required with NRCS HQ
- Takes trips to ICRC Sub-delegation as required
- Works to ensure internal coordination and coherence of approach between ICRC operational objectives.
Job Title: Customer Service Desk Officer 1
Job ID: ABJ202000143
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the supervision of the Logistician, the Customer Service Desk Officer 1 (in the OSCAR system environment) ensures that requests are handled efficiently and effectively to meets needs in the field.
- S/he also makes information about potential or firm orders available to other logistics staff and those requesting services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, upload & works on attributed Field Requisition Orders (RO) and Supply Requests (SR) in JDE and other requests.
- Meet with the corresponding purchaser to clarify the sourcing of the items and item codes to be used in the order
- Ensure the correct item codes are used, if needed, change the codes and inform the customer
- Forwards necessary RO/SR to GVA or other Logistics source and follows up until the arrival of the shipment
- Keep draft SRs as such, until the sourcing of all items and lead times in the order are clear. Same applies for SRs that are received as Field Requisition Orders despite they are received validated
- Manages the scheduled pick date, the promised delivery date according to the sourcing (local / regional purchase, Warehouse delivery or upstream supply)
- Provide regularly requesters with updated information regarding the status of their orders.
- Manage and review dispatch lead times for each destination regularly.
- Manage orders and requests until all lines of an order are fully dispatched and confirmed delivered.
- Ensures completed orders are of auditable quality
Deadline: 28th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV, Cover Letter and details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “ABJ202000142 Movement Cooperation Officer 2 (3months) ABJ” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience