Lagos Innovates Talent Development Program 2020 for Lagos state Entrepreneurs (Second cohort)
The Lagos Innovates Talent Development Program aims to support Lagos developers and startup founders with access to high-quality skills and learning through programs that are relevant for building successful innovation- or tech-driven ventures.
Eligible programs under this scheme include tech entrepreneurship, coding, software design, and development, etc. This program is open to individuals interested in developing tech skills, freelancers, and founders at the proof of concept stage through the seed stage. The application and allocation processes are transparent, competitive, and merit-based.
The Talent Development program provides loans of over 80% of program attendance costs at any of Lagos Innovates Program Partners for periods of up to 15 months at an interest rate of 5% per annum
The objectives of the Talent Development scheme are to:
- Encourage the development and delivery of IDE/tech-focused entrepreneurship content and programming.
- Use a market-based mechanism to reinforce the upskilling impetus among program providers by supporting a level of demand.
- Increase the pipeline of fresh well-trained engineering talent in the local tech ecosystem.
Eligibility – Lagos Innovates Talent Development Program 2020
To be eligible for a loan under the Talent Development Program, individuals must be between ages 22 and 40 years. The following documentation are required:
- Completed application prefill form
- Government issued identification
- LASRRA ID (Lagos State Residency Registration) of the borrower
- NYSC Certificate as at April 2019
- KYC: The person must have a verifiable place of residence and the applicant must be duly registered with LASRRA or possess a permanent voter’s card.
- Credit Checks: The applicant must have a clean credit record.
- BVN: The applicant and guarantor must provide valid Bank Verification Number
HOW TO APPLY
Lagos Innovates has partnered with the following training partners, and applicants can choose the training partner and course they are interested in.
1. Univelcity – 42 Montgomery Rd, Sabo Yaba, Lagos (In person Training only)
Courses offered at Univelcity:
2. Full Stack Development for Mobile Applications (React Native, API Development)
3. Python Programming for Web and Data Science. (PYTHON OOP, DJANGO & Data Science)
4. Frontend Design & Engineering: (UI/UX, HTML, CSS, ES6 & React JS)
Application link for Univelcity: https://bit.ly/UNIVELCITYxLSETFApplication
2. NESA by Makers Academy – (Online Training)
Courses offered at NESA:
Application link for NESA : bit.ly/NESAxLSETFApplication
3. Slatecube – (Online Training)
Courses offered at Slatecube :
1. Full Stack Web Development
3. Comprehensive Digital Marketing
4. GIT and GITHUB for developers
Application link for Slatecube: https://www.slatecube.com/digitalskills/apply.