Key Account Specialist at Johnson & Johnson
Prefer not to state
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Key Account Specialist
Reference No.: 2105900923W
Location: Island, Lagos
- The Key Account Specialist (KAS) is a key link between the company and the healthcare professionals. The KAS is responsible for promoting registered product or group of products in highly specialized therapeutic area.
- The KAS deals with a variety of customers including physicians, pharmacists and other important stakeholders in public institutions and in private hospitals.
- The KAS works strategically to increase the awareness and create the demand of the company products and to ensure optimal and continuous product availability on the market and in different institutions (including tenders), in addition to reimbursement bodies.
The main duties and responsibilities of the position are:
Maximizes sales of products and increases market share of these products.
- Achieves sales targets in the designated territory while meeting all Company’s HCC requirements.
- Conducts customer segmentation in line with the Company’s guidelines to ensure target customers are approached with the optimal tools & frequency and provided with best-in-class customer service.
- Maintains the customer database up to date to ensure full understanding of customer needs to be able to timely fulfil them.
- Maintains accurate coverage of designated territory and ensure full compliance with CRM reporting requirements, in line with Company policy guidelines.
Maintains excellent on-going knowledge of disease areas, product and competitors:
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest products information & clinical data provided by the company. Present and discuss this data with healthcare professionals during face-to-face meetings and/or group presentations.
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in the healthcare system anticipating potential opportunities and risks on the business and adapt strategy accordingly to help in shaping the healthcare environment.
Supports the Brand Strategy and identifies and action new opportunities which will drive business:
- Conducts ongoing market analysis including Market, Competitive, and Business Intelligence.
- Understands customers and market insights to ensure achievement of short-term and long-term business objectives.
Collaborates with different functions in a teamwork spirit to optimize the results in a timely manner and be open to feedback and suggestions in order to increase market penetration:
- Interacts with KAM and Health Economics Manager on a continuous basis to share information and come out with the best solutions whenever common issues are raised.
- Ensure availability, reimbursement, access and liquidation of the Company’s products on all levels including: MOH, NSSF, Army and all other relevant national bodies responsible for funding and product evaluations that may influence reimbursing decisions in coordination with the Key Account Manager (KAM).
Develops and enhances the contact network with Leading Specialists and KOLs:
- Builds sustainable positive relationships with target HCPs and different stakeholders.
- Helps in organizing promotional and educational group meetings, symposia and conferences for doctors and other medical staff.
- Comply with local laws & HCBI guidelines, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), Policy on Business Conduct (PBC).
- Report Adverse Events and product quality complaints as per J&J Pharmacovigilance guidelines on timely basis.
- Ensure safety reporting requirements (timely AE/PQC reporting) as set out in company policies and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are met and, where applicable, appropriately managed when planning projects, developing materials, executing projects and contracting vendors
- Ensure HCC and legal requirements (Fair Market Value, Transfer of Value rules, Promotional Materials rules) are fully understood, appropriately managed and, where applicable, complied when planning projects, developing materials, executing projects and contracting vendors
- Ensure inspection readiness with respect to personal training compliance, and availability of recent CV and individualized Job Description
Job Function / Role Specific Competencies
- Product and competitive expertise:
- Up to date knowledge of disease state and available therapies
- Comprehension of product’s pharmacology and pharmacokinetics
- Up to date knowledge of product’s clinical evidence and label
- Up to date knowledge of product’s competitive claims
- Up to date knowledge of competitive product’s claims handling.
- Selling skills:
- Pre-call planning: Plans each call around a clear objective taking into account customer’s attitudes and believes
- Engaging call opening: effectively opens each call engaging the customer full attention towards a specific challenge they are facing in their daily practice
- Probing for needs: asks effective questions leading the customer to express their needs, priorities and specific challenges they are facing in their daily practices
- Delivering impactful messages: aligned with product marketing strategy and tailored to each customer expressed needs, priorities and challenges
- Objections handling : Plans each call around a clear objective taking into account customer’s attitudes and believes
- Asking for commitment: detects customer’s buy-in signals and drive them to act on their believe, leading to measurable sales call outcome
- Post-call analysis: Analyses each customer interaction to identify gaps versus predefined objective and plan next interaction
- Adapting Sales interactions with diversity of personality styles:
- Ability to identify the personality type of each customer based on typical exhibited behavior and to adapt the selling approach accordingly.
- Effectively performing sales presentations to groups
- Ability to build a goal focused and well adapted presentation to the needs of a specific group of customers
- Ability to engage a group of customer’s attentions through the use of effective presentation techniques.
- Optimizing sales return on investment:
- Ability to apply return on investment methods to identify, prioritize and target top and potential customer accounts
- Applies market analysis tools to identify account specific opportunities and threats, critical success factors, creating a well-defined and timely defined action plan
- Ability to identify and target top value customers within an account based on specific criteria, taking into account competitive intelligence, product life cycle and related marketing strategy
- Optimizing use of promotional activities and resources:
- Adopts a multiple interface customer access strategy, using a combination of promotion tools and strategies
- Optimizing business partnership with key stakeholders:
- Understand the profile, needs, power level and impact on business of different stakeholders in the business value chain
- Adopt an effective negotiation strategy well adapted to each stake holder profile.
Soft Skills / Relationship Building & People Engagement Competencies:
- Emotional intelligence: Ability to control own emotionally driven ineffective behaviors, and show empathy with others, especially when facing work related crisis, failures and low performance
- Embracing and leading change: Ability to understand the psychological barriers associated with change resistance and from there engage people into embracing change
- Self-leadership: Exhibits awareness of own developmental needs and engages own manager in a constructive performance and career management dialogue
- Negotiation and Conflict management: Ability to resolve conflicts through effective negotiations, adjusting to diverse negotiation Styles, identifying options for mutual Gain and leading to sustainable win-win agreements.
We’d love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- Education: B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Bio-Medical Sciences
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken) required
- Executive Rep level role requires a strong demonstrated track record of experience in Pharmaceuticals with several years of experience in detailed successful pharmaceutical, biologic/biotech, or medical sales experience in a driven environment.
- Large account management experience (requires calling on multiple accounts per day) along with the ability to build and execute strategic business plans
Technical / Functional Skills Required:
- Excellent social, communication, facilitation and presentation skills required
- Excellent knowledge of the product range and a sound understanding of the associated Therapeutic Area.
- Good computer knowledge (Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint)
Leadership Profile Required:
- Must have the ability to analyze markets, utilization information, value new products, and develop growth strategies.