Job Vacancies at FairMoney
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
- You will be working as our Senior Software Engineer in our Tech Division which is now composed of 34 people worldwide (and growing)
- You will be based in Lagos and working with our engineering team based in Paris
- Your mission is to develop new features for our customers based in emerging countries in order to improve the services of our Android application
- Your goal is to build the new digital bank for emerging countries.
We are waiting for you to work on:
- Developing new features (ex: wallet),
- Decreasing the time spent fixing and maintaining already shipped features,
- Improving an infrastructure which can handle over 2M clients.
Our technical Stack:
- Our customer product is an android application;
- It communicates with a Ruby on Rails backend (sikekiq, rspec);
- Our ML pipeline is an API-flask (Python);
- We are hosted on AWS: we use Elastic Beanstalk, a RDS Aurora mysql database, S3, Kinesis (data-stream, firehose);
- Prototype of a data warehouse on GCP (GCS, BigQuery, Cloud Composer);
- We have automated tests that run on Travis.
- You have >5 years of experience in backend,
- You know how to handle a project from specification to delivery – you also handled mentoring and onboarding of new software developers,
- You are able to code in a backend languague (Ruby on Rails or Python or node.js or Go or Php or Java…)
- You have knowledge/ experience with AWS or GCP cloud providers,
- You are able to go to the most efficient solution,
- You know how to take initiatives.
- You must have a solid track record of achievements (academic, professional, and/or sport);
- You have worked / be working in the FinTech industry, and on emerging markets is a plus;
- You must have an entrepreneurial mindset and commitment to get hands dirty at all times;
- You must be a problem solver with a data-driven and KPI-oriented approach to maximize the efficiency of all the operations;
- You must be curious in nature.
- Be part of an international team of engineers
- Opportunity to build the future in financial services
- Attractive salary
- Flexible working conditions (remote friendly)
- Quick growth opportunity
- Great culture.
Job Title: Senior Product Manager
- You will be working as our Senior Product Manager in our product team made of 4 people: our CPO Nicolas (founder), Sid & Xiaoyu (business analytics) and Nkem (user research manager in Nigeria)
- You will be based in Nigeria, Lagos at our office
- Your mission will be to improve our financial services for our users in emerging markets (loans, and other future financial services)
We are waiting from you to work on:
- Defining the needs of our clients located in emerging countries in order to define a product vision;
- Coordinating a team of designers and developers, preparing the product specifications and following their implementation;
- Measuring the impact of our produced work.
- You have a solid track record of achievement (academic, professional, and / or sport)
- You have 4-6 years of experience in product management or as a technical founder in a fast-growing tech B2C startup company. FinTech is a plus. Focus on emerging markets is a plus.
- You have studied business administration, economics or engineering at a top tier university.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and commitment to get hands dirty at all times.
- You are a problem solver with a data-driven and KPI-oriented approach to maximize the efficiency of all the operations, using such tools as SQL, Python and Excel
- You have experience with tools like JIRA, Confluence, and Slack.