Corporate Headhunters Limited – Our client, an award-winning, high impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable social enterprise, part-owned by the farmers they serve. Their organisation was created to specifically attract youth to agriculture and away from the looming instability of extremist groups.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reports To: Principal, Corporate Finance
- We are currently looking for a Grants Associate for our client. She/he will be managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for the organisation.
- Managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for the organisation.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results.
- Directly involve in grant writing by coordinating with grant writers or coordinators.
- Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record.
- Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organisation.
- Supervise the fundraising team to ensure proper coordination of work.
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Oversee if other grant staff (coordinators, writers and administrators) is complying with their job responsibilities.
- Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process.
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement.
- Analyse the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants.
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organization’s progress.
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs.
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities.
- Provide training to the new staff on grants management and reporting requirements.
- Designing grant programs and determining funding needs.
- Preparing and monitoring budgets, and managing timelines and deliverables.
- Be involved in all relevant 3rd party relationships including investors, banking relationships, auditors etc.
Methodical And Strategic Thinking:
- Devise a plan of action that will make the grants raising easy and feasible.
- Identify potential grant support from government agencies, foundations and corporations to meet the financial and operational needs of the organisation.
Grants and Budgeting Experience:
- Ability to perform grant research, grant writing, grant program design and implementation, compliance and grant reporting.
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong command over written and verbal communication.
- Good understanding of the organization’s overall business and its objectives.
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues.
- Ability to work within a team and provide support to the junior staff.
- Ability to perform in a cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and the Internet.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast-paced star-up environment with dynamic business priorities
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Reports To: Head, Last Mile Logistics
We are currently looking for a Logistics Supervisor for our client. She/he will continue to create, implement and maintain continuous improvement and control plan for overall business logistics operations.
- Create, implement and maintain continuous improvement and control plan for overall business logistics operations.
- Responsible for warehouse operational activities including shipping, receiving, warehouse stocking.
- Perform pricing and cost/service analysis, and own the transport management processes – selection, qualification, business reviews, and performance evaluation.
- Develop and implement overall logistics plan, in a manner that promotes low transportation and handling cost; high inventory turns.
- Establish and maintain rapport with third party vendors through genuine and exceptionally responsive interactions.
- Monitor and ensure resolution of freight payment process issues between third party transporters and the Company, related to rejected freight bills, short payments, rate discrepancies, general aging issues, etc.
- Manage a team of dedicated officers and oversee all Warehouse Associates, Drivers and Logistic Partner relationships.
- Ensure shipped merchandise is received and tracked in an efficient manner with minimal costs.
- Ensure shipments are effectively managed with quality control systems to ensure accuracy at every level of the operation in compliance with standard procedures.
- Maintain an iterative improvement approach towards inventory management, methods of distribution and other areas of improvement.
- Resolve customer complaints in a timely and professional manner; taking corrective actions where necessary.
- Assist in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet, maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Purchase and maintain vehicles for deliveries.
- Develop efficient driver schedules to maximize profits; register and license all vehicles under our management.
- Develop strategies for greater fuel efficiency; maintain detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Ensure strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related area (Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, Management, etc. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in inventory management, supply chain management, transportation, and distribution centre operations with at least 2 years in a logistics/transportation role.
- Experience successfully leading a team to achieve results.
- Previous hands-on experience in negotiations.
- In-depth experience in freight cost analysis.
- Ability to plan, execute & manage local and regional logistics projects ensuring continuous improvement to business operations.
- Strong communication, problem solving and management skills.
- Ability to engage and influence direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Be a mentor, coach and a great people leader: build strong relationships and team, hire great people, commit to the growth of individuals on team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G-Suite products.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in fast paced star-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential Of Team Members:
- Extensive experience and passion in coaching/mentoring a team.
- Extensive experience leading a complex organisation and an eye for details and problem-solving.
Job Title: Corporate Finance Associate
Reports To: Principal, Corporate Finance
- Our client is currently looking for a Corporate Finance Associate
- She/he will develop schedules for investment transactions and analyse efficiency, trends, revenues and financial commitment to project future revenues and expenses.
- Develop schedule for investment transactions and analyse efficiency, trends, revenues and financial commitment to project future revenues and expenses.
- Manage and organize operational data to determine costs of operations and establish standard costs.
- Provide creative solutions to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Conduct financial processes and procedures, prepare reports and supporting documents and provide regular updates to Finance Team.
- Consult with the Corporate Finance team to guide and influence long-term strategic thinking.
- Review monthly expenses to ensure that expenses are booked correctly and work with the finance team to make any necessary reclassification.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Advise on how to meet targets and create investment capital; and generate finance from shares and loans.
- Gather, analyse and interpret complicated numerical information.
- Assess and predict financial risks and returns; use financial modelling to predict outcomes.
- Negotiate and structure financial details; provide investment advice, tactics and recommendations
- Assist in preparation and analysis of annual budgets and long-range plans.
- Prepare consolidated forecasts and analyse trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas.
- Conduct complex business analysis including ROI, NPV and IRR, making recommendations to management on new products, features, pricing, marketing promotions, based on historical financial data.
- Research, analyse and synthesize data from multiple sources into business information as directed and by self-identification of business information needs.
- Work with management and business units to determine strategic objectives and identify opportunities to meet these goals.
- Prepare financial and business-related analysis and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, and investments.
- Assist with compilation and analysis of consolidated budgets and long-range plans.
Experience / Requirements
- Profound know-how in advanced financial analysis and investment banking
- Leadership experience in financial analysis coupled with relevant accounting experience.
- Proficient in Excel Spreadsheets, MS Office and Financial Software applications.
- Bear strong analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, Business or Economics (Master’s Degree in Finance and / or MBA preferred)
- Strong financial analysis skills and quantitative analysis planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as technology and Learning organization.
- Excellent communication skills: Fluent oral and written English.
- Start-up environment – Thrives in fast-paced star-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Unlocking the potential of team members – Extensive experience and passion in coaching/mentoring a team.
- Detail orientation and managing complexity – Extensive experience leading a complex organisation and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
Deadline: 24th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Grants Associate” as the subject of the mail.