Ngcom Network Solutions is one of the best internet service provider in Nigeria, providing UNLIMITED INTERNET service for both Home and Cooperate users in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Warri.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Engineer (Telecoms)
General Function and Scope
- As an Engineer in Ngcom Network Solutions, you are to handle a variety of jobs relating to the operations of the organization since you are an essential part of the organization.
- There’s almost no way of preventing a fault from happening at some point, so the sooner you get to a problem fixed; the sooner you can get back to working efficiently.
- An engineer in Ngcom Network Solutions, you should function with a wide range of skills and coordination which makes you a perfect employee for any operational job.
- You will be required to work flexible hours and also put in extra hours to complete your task daily. Importantly, you should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An engineer in Ngcom Network Solutions, you are required to install, test, boost and maintain installation equipment such as radio, internet cables at installation sites and companies’ facilities, among others.
- An engineer in Ngcom Network Solutions is to resolve issues promptly by logging into the Intranet and follow instructions from the Networks Operation Center (NOC) and the Operations Manager.
- As an Engineer you are to see to it that network standards and processes are developed and applied, you are also required to submit regular reports to the Operations Manager.
- You are to perform regular support checks to ensure everything continues to run smoothly.
- Field engineers in Ngcom Network Solutions need to oversee the performance of equipment and identify problems, you are required to teach clients how to operate equipment’s correctly to reduce the chances of it being mistreated.
- Furthermore, as an Engineer you will work with both point to point and multipoint devices, studying them to pick up on any potential network issues, you are to come up with solutions to maintain the organization’s network with the best possible system requirements. To achieve this, you are required to work with other members of the company to develop a faster and more secure network channel.
- A field engineer in Ngcom Network Solutions must have good communication skills. You must be able to teach and offer support services to customers in a professional and comported manner.
- An engineer in Ngcom Network Solutions must be able to provide help and answers to every customer’s technical issues through the identification of the problem itself, research on answers and subsequent provision of guidance.
- As an engineer in Ngcom Network Solutions, you are expected to resolve and report all technical issues assigned to you in a timely, effective and professional manner.
Job Title: Network Operations Centre Technician
- This position participates as a key member of the Network Operations Center Team providing end to end support for a combined production and development environments on a 24×7 basis and coordinating all aspects of the shift duties including monitoring, maintaining and supporting a variety of hardware systems, batch processes, applications, network devices, and databases.
- The NOC Technician must possess significant work experience in a production, mission-critical, revenue-dependent, 24×7 infrastructure environment.
- Duties will include acting as a Customer Advocate in a 24x7x365 Network Operations Centre for all internal and external, voice, data and VoIP services.
- A NOC Technician focuses on complex troubles in at least one trouble ticket discipline.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field or Cisco Certified Network Associate, Microsoft Certified Professional, or MTCNA.
- One to three years’ experience working in high pressure, dynamic, 24×7 environments, preferred
- Understanding of IS and proven experience administrating and supporting it in an enterprise environment
- Proven ability to troubleshoot large, complex systems, preferred
- Experience using Enterprise monitoring tools such as Mikrotik Dude and/or other tools provided
- Ability to assist Networking team with troubleshooting IP and telephone networks
- Ability to install and/or remove rack-mounted equipment, associated cabling and other supported devices within the Data Center and other related areas
- Ability to perform technical problem resolution, in a high-stress environment, including analysis, trouble isolation and repair
- Ability to both lead and collaborate with other team members of both Operations and Networking teams to complete basic equipment configuration, physical setup and installation of various equipment used within the Data Center and Networking environments (switches, UPS, servers, VoIP phones…)
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effectively communicates technical issues in a non-technical manner
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge correctly and consistently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities required
- Must work well in a team or as an individual
- Must have flexibility and willingness to support a 24×7 operations environment by working nights and weekends
- Criminal Background checks include:
- Lagos State Police
- 3rd party Background Check
Deadline: 20th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.