Job Opportunities at Action Energy
Applications are invited for the positions below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
- Providing insight into product development and competitive positioning.
- Analyzing financial data and developing effective strategies to reduce business costs and increase company profits.
- Conducting market research to identity new business opportunities.
- Collaborating with company executives to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities.
- Meeting with potential investors to present company offerings and negotiate business deals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, or related field.
- Proven experience working as a Business Development Officer or similar role,
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications,
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills,
Job Title: Head, Corporate Services
Duties / Responsibilities
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the company’s executive management team to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of the company.
Education and Experience:
- A B.Sc / BA degree from an accredited college/ university; MBA or MA / MSc in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of HR experience, with at least five years of executive HR experience.
- Membership of any Human Resource or a related Professional organization will be an added advantage.
Required SkiIls / AbiIities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
Job Title: Transport Officer
- This department shall deal with all matters relating to drivers and their welfare, vehicle management and maintenance.
- Ensure availability of trucks for optimal use
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports of all activities in the transport section as required
- To ensure appropriate maintenance and management of all heavy-duty trucks
- Conduct routine inspection on all trucks to ascertain their state and working condition
- Ensure timely and adequate repair and maintenance of all trucks by the maintenance team.
- Actively work with the maintenance manager towards the formulation and implementation of maintenance department related Standard Operating Procedures.
- Enforcement of emission and safety related norms of vehicles
- Road safety issues with special emphasis on safety of vehicles.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- At least 6 years work experience in the Transport and Oil and Gas sector,
- Strong attention to details
- Leadership and negotiation skills
- Proactive and positive working attitude
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to Engage and Motivate Others
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must not be less than 40 years.
Job Title: IT Officer
- The individual shall be leading the technology strategy, execution, and operations. The IT officer will be a champion for defining, scaling, and operating processes along with project management excellence.
- Provide leadership in technology portfolio for enablement and innovation
- Manage a portfolio of technology projects to meet cost, scope, and schedule constraints
- Develop key performance indicators and SLAs in lieu of requirement of stakeholders
- Develop policies for internal IT operations to drive attainment of SLAs
- Manage and support delivery of software and hardware operations and projects
- Enable process efficiency of back office operations
- Drive innovation for front office or core business operations by recommending viable technologies.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience hiring, managing, and retaining a team of talent technology professionals
- 6 years or more management experience in an IT environment
- 2 years or more experience working with IT systems
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating with business leaders to drive effectiveness of the IT department
- 3 years or more experience providing IT solutions.
Job Title: Risk / Compliance Officer
Description of Responsibilities
- The Chief Risk Officer is responsible for and has the authority to make all decisions on risk management issues that directly impact the strategic direction of the company.
- The individual shall possess an intimate knowledge of internal business processes and the organization’s industry.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or Risk Management.
- A Masters’ degree will be an added advantage
- Must have at least 5 years in risk management, insurance or liability research, or actuarial management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with insurance and liability as well as compliance standards for the industry, including financial, property, operational, or personnel reporting regulations, and standards.
- Must have extensive knowledge of financing and insurance strategies to build up preventative measures against potential losses.
- Must be a proven leader and manager, able to take charge and act assertively without guidance.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess knowledge of risk analysis, database management, risk metrics, and capital management.
- Extensive knowledge of legal requirements and compliance regulations.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to manage large teams.
- Must be both a problem solver and a risk taker.
- Proficient with risk management, auditing techniques, and accounting standards and principles.
Job Title: Chief Financial Controller
- The CFO coordinates the overall activities of the finance department and works closely with the heads of the sub-departments to achieve the overall performance targets.
- The CFO is also responsible for approving the financial reports and all the financial transactions of the entire business before they are forwarded to the top management for action.
- It is an important role that could spearhead process improvements and add value across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO/MD and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Reviewing all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures.
- The role of CFO is a very senior; hence a high level of experience is expected for anyone applying for this role. A Bachelor’s degree in the following will be expected for this role:
- Finance or Economics
- An MBA or CPA is also highly desirable.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the finance or oil and gas industry and managing a team is a must with examples of when they have demonstrated excellence in the workplace.
- Must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgement.
Job Title: Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Develop strategies and plans for Sales and marketing of company products
- Undertake market expansion actions that will satisfy customers’ needs and ultimately maximize the company turnover from increased throughout
- Monitor market trends, competitor activities and consumer preference to position company’s marketing drive accordingly.
- Initiate a systematic addition of products volume into the system to match the expected expansion and volume sales.
- Ensure the plants are constantly stocked to meet the sales demand and zero stock out
- Actively identify and initiate new/additional products development initiatives for various target consumer market.
- Work actively with the marketing communications to create product awareness and lead marketing promotion programs to increase margins and market share for the company.
- Produce a concise activity monthly report to Managing Director.
- First Degree from a reputable University
- A Masters’ degree will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Strategic Management & Marketing
- Knowledge of General business & Product Knowledge
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas industry dynamics
- Minimum of 10 years post-graduation relevant experience, 3 of which must be in a supervisory capacity working with the sales team in a reputable organization.
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Entrepreneurship Skill
- PC Utilization (Excel, Word, Power Point).
Important Information / Notice
- Applications should be accompanied with 300-word essay on the strategy the applicant intends to apply to achieve departmental success while aligning with organizational goals.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline COB 11th December, 2020.