Job Openings at Salpha Energy
Salpha Energy is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Description / Duties
The following are all aspects of a financial analyst’s duties:
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is mentioned in virtually any financial analyst job description; familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects).
- Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends
- Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data
- Conduct comparables analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends.
- 0-3+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- BA, BS, or B.Com degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics)
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Good business acumen.
- 3-5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- MBAs are preferred
- Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics are preferred major fields
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively-heavy role
- FMVA or similar designations preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
Personality and Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Strong financial modeling experience.
Job Title: Market Intelligence Analyst
- The goal of this role is to become an integral and trusted advisor of proactive insights to the different sales teams, while generating effective market opportunities for our company.
- This role is responsible for helping the company to identify and maximize our sales market opportunities, by understanding our industry environment, defining how we diversify, mitigate risks, grow and compete in the market properly.
- It will be responsible to strengthening our position with our key customers, while impacting multiple levels of our market strategies and our sales organization.
- He/she will be responsible for further developing our market Intelligence program for each sales channel, organizing and developing our Market Intelligence routines, setting processes to provide insights and collaborate with different stakeholders to develop market opportunities.
- Perform in depth analysis of market size, growth and share performance at country, region and product levels, identify and monitor key market trends
- Deliver gap analysis relative to our competitors and demand and work with sales teams to identify new channel and customer opportunities.
- Build customer profiles, segment them in accordance to our goals, creating a pipeline of opportunities and provide insights on targeting strategies.
- Partner with sales stakeholders to understand market & competitive strengths / weaknesses / opportunities / threats; support actionable assessment as well as the identification, creation & execution of activities based on this assessment.
- Work with Sales stakeholders to thoroughly understand market & competitive trouble spots and tactical needs, provide relevant insights and enhance our positioning and product/service offerings.
- Partner with sales teams to create Joint Business Planning with our customers and define best market positioning to enhance our competitiveness against key competitors to win more business.
- Perform demand analysis on all segments of our business and update and improve our forecast models.
- Provide assistance to sales teams on helping diagnose customers opportunities and provide insight that will help us grow profitability with our customers.
- Provides intelligence and consultative guidance for product positioning, sales training and selling activities for our sales teams.
- Present insights to customers when needed.
Market Intelligence Process:
- Leverage our internal and external resources to collaborate on insights and further develop our market intelligence network and field intelligence program to provide a comprehensive view of the marketplace.
- Develop and manage our market information database, manage multiple data sources, build our dashboards, platforms and automate processes.
- Implementing well-vetted analytical methodologies.
- Prioritize the most impactful decisions and opportunities.
- Create an active customer and competitive intelligence information and benchmarking database.
- Prepare primary and secondary market research with internal/external key partners.
- Develop our communication devices (reports, forums, webinars, meetings, etc) and routines to appropriately share actionable intelligence with audiences in a timely manner.
- Identify and recommend process improvements that significantly improve quality across the teams.
- Develops and continually improves Market Intelligence program to provide an understanding of the external marketplace and offer insight into impacts potential courses of action for the business.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to review and disseminate successes of recent market research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Business, Statistics, or related field.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in Market Intelligence, Category Management, Marketing or similar insights roles.
- Has worked in a corporate environment, working in a cross functional environment, with proven insights experience to sales teams.
- Experience with analytics and insights.
- Experience with project management and process improvements.
- Travel – mostly domestic, up to 50% depending on the time of the year.
- Excellent communication, networking, collaborative and relational skills.
- Strong analytical, consultative and problem solving skills.
- Organized and strong planner.
- Researcher mindset, with a great ability to communicate and present insights to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of Marketing tools and methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with pulling data from various data sources (IRI, USDA, etc.).
- Good understanding of how to properly display data.
- Understanding of reporting tools and concepts.
- Background working in Energy or FCMG Industry.
Deadline: 15th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.