Job Openings at DRYVA Logistics
DRYVA Logistics is an integrated logistics company, providing end to end supply chain management solutions. Our portfolio covers Third Party Logistics, E-Commerce Logistics and Warehousing. We are building a team of top talents who can grow fast into senior leadership.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting & Finance Intern
- Manage all accounts payable including ensuring costs are appropriately documented and approved, entering transactions, and supporting the execution of payments.
- Maintain accounts receivable records, ensuring records are comprehensive and all payments are correctly applied.
- Develop and maintain online and paper filing systems for accounting files.
- Manage accounting schedules, and prepare and enter month end closing entries including allocation of costs and recognition of revenue.
- Prepare and upload payroll, tax, and benefits payments and serve as a primary point person for related vendors.
- Liaise with field office staff, including the review of cash requests and reconciliation of field office expenditures.
- Provide additional administrative or other support as requested.
- Acquiring, processing and registering customer invoices using various accounting software and systems.
- Submit invoices for payment with clients post-delivery of goods across the country
- Execute the necessary bookkeeping tasks, such as data entry, reconciling of accounts, as well as preparing accounting reports and facts in accordance with enacted processes and guidelines.
- Follow macro-economic news/updates and prepare periodic reports on the financial implications/opportunities for the Company
- Work with the finance team and other Interdepartmental teams to build scalable financial processes and metrics
- Assisting Accountants with financial analysis of actual projected expenses
- Assisting with account payables and receivables
- Assisting with annual audit preparation
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or equivalent in a highly analytical field from a reputable institution.
- Must have completed the NYSC program
- Proficiency in Excel and PPT presentations.
- Practical Financial modelling and forecast skills
- Good use of modern accounting software and tools (Quickbooks, SAGE, Zoho Office Suite etc)
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent mathematical and numerical skills
- Leadership and strategic analysis thinking skills
- Good command of the English language and MS Office tools.
Job Title: Fleet Manager
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of the company’s fleet.
- Control and reduce operating costs, providing specialist knowledge relating to trucks management
- Improve the operational performance of the fleet, whilst minimizing the operative downtime.
- Work jointly with Client Accounts / Order Processing Team to ensure allocation of vehicles/drivers based on the peculiarity of Client’s requests.
- Work with HR in the recruitment of quality drivers into the DRYVA Logistics fleet.
- Fully responsible for driver management- develop, maintain and adhere to disciplinary procedures, driver orientation program, and ensure preventive maintenance procedures are adhered to by all Drivers. Also understand and communicate Driver needs/complaints to the HR / Management Team.
- Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance, obtain tags for new vehicles and renew old ones to ensure schedule fleet management.
- Facilitate timely daily, weekly, monthly truck technical inspection with the use of the truck checklist and the company’s fleet management system
- Manage maintenance schedules to ensure that the optimum number of trucks are working at all times to meet the company’s customer needs.
- Manage company’s engagement with maintenance partner and lead the full set up of company’s internal maintenance capabilities by setting up the right processes and policies for spare parts purchase and inventory management, vehicle repairs, vehicle assessment (pre and post purchase), and routine inspection.
- Oversee fleet maintenance, schedule for repairs and schedule for annual inspection, and ensure preventive maintenance procedures are adhered to by all Drivers
- Maintain detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and schedule regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency
- Perform vehicle registration / renewals, insurance and documentation regarding on boarding of new vehicles to existing fleet. Keep record and make proper filing of truck licensing and registrations.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with state and federal rules and regulations.
- Maintain and monitor data management system to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests.
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase system with assistance of Fuel Cards for all vehicles and drivers. Track fuel consumption rates to identify ways to maximize fuel economy and manage fuel card usage.
- Participate in various workshops and educational programs and maintain knowledge on all industry relevant publications.
- Develop and implement standard operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry.
- Plan, process and execute vehicle purchase and vehicle replacement, working with company CEO.
- Plan and prepare annual budget, expenditures and analyze all financial objectives.
- Coordinate all regional (and national) fleets operation as necessary.
- Solve problems by coordinating with insurance company, leasing company and administration office in case of incidences
- Ensure optimal utilization and security of all vehicles in fleet by monitoring Drivers’ locations and movements, through tracker management, also review field operations to proactively spot any inconsistencies with the vehicles movements outside the prohibited working hours
- Manage and submit periodic report of Driver’s performances, delivery fulfilments and fleet utilization.
- Direct supervision of truck loadings to ensure accuracy in items, as well as conformance to loading patterns in order to prevent the likelihood of damage to materials or products during transit.
- Prepare periodic budgets (monthly/annual) on required maintenance and vehicle administration / operating costs and document acquisition and updates.
- Apply and record appropriate disciplinary actions where necessary.
- Implement and maintain policies and processes to ensure the fleet operates effectively and efficiently, educating staff with the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing & frequency.
- HND / B.Sc in Transport & Logistics Management or other related fields.
- Cognate 5-10 years’ management experience of a fleet of 100 commercial trucks (minimum).
- Relevant professional certification in Transport in Nigeria. E.g. National Institute of Transport & Logistics is an added advantage.
- Strong practical knowledge of Nigeria fleet and transport legislation / compliance requirements for the transport industry.
- Extensive knowledge of route planning and Driver management.
- Experience in Truck types and models, costs, utilization and management peculiarities.
- Experience in Truck tracking and fleet maintenance systems.
- Specialist knowledge in truck management.
- Mechanical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Excellent mathematical and numerical skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management.
Job Title: Finance & Accounting Manager
- Work with CEO to ensure business activities and operations are profitable
- Lead set up of accounting / financial reporting system
- Lead the company’s financial accounting, reporting and control activities, and ensuring these are carried out efficiently and line with best practice and statutory requirements.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- To manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed external auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required timelines.
- Ensure timely preparation and rendition of Audited Financial Statements (AFS) and the timely filing of the AFS with the relevant statutory agencies.
- Coordinate the preparation and renditions of statutory returns and compliance within the statutory provisions.
- Manage the overall accounting and bookkeeping for the organization including accounts payable and receivable, and capital assets, banking, tax and payroll functions / fringe benefit computations.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, accounting month and year close schedules (inventory, receivables, payables, loans, prepayments, deferred income, asset register), and submit reports to the CEO
- Coordinate company’s deal/transaction structure and fund-raising projects.
- Develop investment policy, manage the enterprise valuation, analyse investment opportunities and prepare investment proposals for management consideration and decision-making; Work with company CEO in defining investment criteria
- Define the appropriate liquidity quantum that the business should maintain.
- Develop, review, audit and/or interpret financial models to estimate project cash flows, return profiles and sensitivities; optimize the value of their operating assets.
- Support in the preparation of investment marketing materials e.g. teasers, term sheets and information memoranda; Partnership (PPP) transaction structure (e.g. joint ventures), request for proposals etc. Preparation of investment documentation (investment proposals, presentations, information memoranda, pre-qualification memorandum, term-sheets, etc.)
- Prepare and report businesses of subsidiaries, franchisees and affiliates and analyse relationship to company
- Set monthly budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and provide data to enable and support management decision making
- Creating financial models on performing business units, customer, competitor, and cost analyses
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned cost or profit centre budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payment vouchers
- Produce full sets (income statement, balance sheet and cashflow statements) of periodic management account and other financial documents for the management of the company in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures, running full variance analysis, financial ratios and detailed note to the accounts to give actionable perspectives to the numbers
- Develops annual operating budgets as well as all project budgets and oversees them; ensure all unit heads are held to account to operate in line with the unit budget. Full variance analysis and corrective action plans are provided on a periodic basis (e.g. monthly/quarterly)
- Maintain integrity of data/numbers at all times. Ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of accounting records and transactions in the financial accounting systems and in line with FIRS/LIRS or any state Revenue service that applies to company operations
- Ensure proper filing of source documents and records relating to the operations of every business unit.
- Conduct business research and develop financial models for areas the company has investments interests in.
- Prepare board papers for use in board and board-committee meetings.
- Company analysis for capital requirement and capital structure decision.
- Assisting in investigating and resolving queries relating to invoices.
- Present oral and written reports from time to time
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Minimum of a second Class upper in Accounting and / or Finance from a reputable university (exceptional HND candidates will be considered)
- Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, ICAN), MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage
- Cognate 3-5 years’ work experience
- Ability to prepare and maintain full set of management accounts
- Practical financial modelling / forecast skills and strong understanding of tax issues
- Excellent use of modern accounting software such as Quickbooks, SAGE, Zoho Office suite, etc.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent mathematical and numerical skills.
Deadline: 30th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.