IT Infrastructure Specialist at the OPEC Fund for International Development
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Specialist
- The IT infrastructure Specialist provides technical expertise in installation, maintenance and monitoring of specific IT systems to ensure their optimal and effective utilization.
- The incumbent must have thorough knowledge of different computer software and hardware platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs regular IT tasks in all areas such as systems administration, monitoring, patching, scripting and database administration.
- Provides service desk support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software and other hardware.
- Maintains and secures appliances, desktops and servers implementations.
- Maintains and updates knowledge base articles.
- Recommends alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals.
- Supports the senior infrastructure officer in the implementation of infrastructure projects.
- Monitors systems, infrastructure and network, and ensures improvements of performance, availability and usability.
- Implements security measures and ensures data integrity.
- Develops training materials and user documentation.
- Resolves hardware incidents and initiates warranty repairs.
- Responsible for user account management, including on-boarding and off-boarding of users, access rights and group membership administration and user mailbox administration.
- Keeps abreast of latest technology trends and developments.
- Reviews technical architectures and proposes improvements to satisfy forecasted requirements.
- Guarantees the availability of printer systems.
- Implements cyber security solutions governed by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
- Monitors and reports on SLAs defined with external partners and consultants.
- Deals with all departments/units on the subject of IT services.
- Carries out other related tasks assigned by the IT director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- IT certifications and other relevant certifications.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant professional experience.
- Experience of working in an international development institution
- Fluent in English.
- Good working knowledge of German is an added advantage.
- General understanding of the core activities of development institutions, including the OPEC Fund.
- Familiarity with SAP, OpenText, PowerShell Scripting.
- Strong analytical thinking, good planning and organizational skills.
- Very good knowledge in Microsoft On-premise Operating Systems and Microsoft Desktop and Microsoft Office products.
- Very good knowledge of Cisco equipment and solutions as well as security solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining VMware virtualization platform.
- Experienced in Cloud technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proven self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm for innovation, business development.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.