IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, IT Governance
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- In this role, reporting to the Associate Director of IT Governance, Risk & Control, you will be responsible for establishing an acceptable IT governance profile and practice and promoting adherence to IT governance best practice in line with COBIT 5.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop the company’s IT policies, plans and procedures in line with COBIT 5, ISO27001 and supporting organizational structures to ensure an acceptable level of assurance.
- Support risk assessment activities.
- Ensure IT strategy is documented and refreshed in line with business needs and IT governance best practice.
- Stay informed of all IT risks before they are highlighted by audit and/ or third parties. Ensure closure of open audit items. Aggregate information to identify operational control weaknesses and build a risk management dashboard that is refreshed and published periodically.
- Identify potential threats to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s systems and network.
- Build awareness of new and evolving IT risks across the business and implement appropriate systems and processes which ensure that information risks are detected early and proactively managed with timely remediation when undesired events occur.
- Create processes that drive IT and business alignment.
- Drive adoption of IT Governance best practice across the relevant COBIT 5 domains and other governance frameworks as applicable.
- Apply technical knowledge and experience to modernize IHS’s IT governance practices and principles and increase assurance of continuous compliance integration, faster delivery of changes and improved linkages between strategy and execution.
- Ensure adherence to governance processes in line with best practice.
- Lead identification of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) across the business based on up-to-date situational analyses and trends. Drive effective risk oversight by providing timely and relevant information on KRIs.
- Conduct IT strategy and governance assessments to recommend solutions for improving oversight and decision-making to drive IT initiatives.
- Contribute towards establishing credible risk governance, promoting an integrated risk management mindset at all levels and promoting an execution approach which appropriately prioritizes actions based on business impact.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Associate Director, IT Governance, Risk & Control
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- COBIT 5
- IT Policies, Procedures & Standards
- IT Operations
- SOX Compliance
- Risk Assessments
- IT Strategy
- Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Business Communication
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Attention to Detail
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s and/ or advanced degree in Computer Science or any related discipline.
- Professional certifications, e.g. CGEIT, ISO27001:LA, COBIT 5 Implementer, CISA, etc, will be an asset.
- +11 years’ relevant experience in Information Governance, IT Risk, IT Audit and Security
- Hands-on experience with implementation of COBIT 5, ISO27001, TOGAF
- Thorough understanding of the latest IT-GRC principles, techniques and protocols.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please apply with an updated resume/ CV
Application Deadline 24th June, 2020.