Internal Control Officer at Ave Maria Microfinance Bank Limited (MFB & MFI)
Ave Maria Microfinance (MFB&MFI) Bank Limited “the Bank” is a financial institution licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. We offer a wide range of financial services to a diversified client base that includes low-end entrepreneurs, the underbanked, high-net-worth individuals, among others. At Ave Maria Microfinance Bank Ltd, our core value is “growing together”. We pursue this by supporting early-stage, small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), the informal working-class and low-income families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Location: (Ogbomosho, Igbeti, Saki and Iwere Ile), Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The Control Officer’s key function is monitoring and measuring the operational efficiency of the organization by detecting and eliminating fraud and ensuring compliance with the bank’s regulations, policies and procedures.
- Daily update and auditing of the Ajo collection officers daily.
- Carry out strategic and impromptu checks on loan customers to verify documented information reported by loan collection officers.
- Carry out detailed investigations when discrepancy, cash suppression or fraud is noticed.
- Internal control checks and records to safeguard company assets.
- Make recommendations regarding facilities, equipment, personnel, procedures and systems to improve operational efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s policy, procedure and regulations.
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and develop best practices.
- Develop and implement appropriate operating procedures to ensure compliance with bank and industry policies.
- Conduct audit testing of potential risk areas and identify reportable issues.
- Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor controls.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports.
Education and Skills
- B.Sc in Economics, Finance or other related subjects
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a similar role in a micro-finance bank.
Benefit / Packages
- We offer a competitive remuneration package and opportunities for career and personal development.
Deadline: 25th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Selection / Interview: Note that shortlisted candidate(s) will be invited for an interview via SMS and Telephone Call(s).