Internal Auditor at the GIG Group
The GIG group is a holding company for a number of subsidiaries with interests in key sectors of Nigeria’s economy. We believe that Nigeria, in spite of its seeming vulnerabilities, holds the greatest market potential for any prospective investor through leveraging on people, customer service and innovative technologies. At the GIG group we are strong, focused, determined, assertive, customer centric, ready to partner and compete as we see a world of unlimited possibilities defined by a relentless spirit and great vision.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Employment Type: Full-time
Description / Responsibilities
- Execute audit procedures including tests of internal control effectiveness across subsidiaries
- Monitor and review daily transactions across subsidiaries as assigned; ensuring proper documentation on the company’s ERP system
- Assist in vetting vehicle (and other asset) maintenance cost, job cards managements and other inventory/maintenance activities
- Review daily financial reports as part of revenue assurance and flag any irregularities
- Carry out physical spot checks of cash, stock and equipment across all GIG offices and outlets
- Monitor inventory procurement, supply, usage of stock e.g. diesel, spare parts e.t.c across all GIG offices and outlets
- Confirm the physical existence and good working conditions of the company’s assets across all GIG offices and outlets
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to resolve issues and advice appropriately
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, accuracy and compliance with laws and regulations
- Monitor cash management per assigned subsidiaries; ensuring compliance with internal control processes
- Review, analyze and confirm imprest accounts for reimbursement; query irregularities if any
- Pre and post payment audit of all payment vouchers and petty cash vouchers
- Witness sales of used and scrapped items at the terminals
- Carry out special investigation as assigned or required
- Ensure company compliance with relevant laws and statutes
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls, reduce costs, enhance revenues, and improve profits
- Assist with payroll audit as required.
- B.Sc Qualification in a relevant field
- ACA/ACCA or other relevant professional body affiliations is a must
- Minimum of 3 years Audit experience
- Experience from an Audit Firm is an added advantage
- Proficiency in the use of SAGE and other accounting software.
Deadline: 24th November, 2020.