Arca Payments Company Limited was founded in 2016, with a clear vision to become Africa’s premier payment services platform, fostering Financial inclusion and innovation & actively shaping the future of Financial Servicfes, throughout the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Information Technology Support Officer
This role is responsible for all aspects of system development, operations, administration, maintenance, and processing, to ensure the stable operation of the data backup system and enterprise server for Arca’s internal operations.
The job responsibilities are below listed but are not limited to these:
- Provides input on own role in the Business Continuity Planning process to ensure Arca is protected in the event of physical or cyber attacks
- Tracks/monitors AD resource performance and activity (CPU, RAM, Hard drive Space, etc)
- Creates user accounts, assigns user and Group permission and ensures there are no Stale or inactive users and computers on the active directory
- Configures NTP and ensures Clients Synchronisation, Ensures AV installation, AV Updates and Operating Systems patches
- Performs other related Active Directory admin tasks
- Maintains computer networks and related network infrastructure including computer hardware, systems software, network hardware, applications software, and all configurations
- Executes significant IT projects, including recurring work and software/hardware enhancements; oversees phases to ensure timely completion of projects
- Monitors network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future
- Ensures that backup Jobs and restores are configured, scheduled and tested using commvault simpana 9.0
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and evaluate the system for capacity planning on a regular basis
- Responsible for rack mounting Server Hardware 1U, 2U, 4U devices (Hp Proliant, G8, and Fault tolerant Stratus Servers and switches)
- Troubleshoots and performs root-cause analysis for resolving problems that have multiple dependencies (PC workstations, servers, network, databases, software products, telephony etc.)
- Executes root-cause analysis to resolve frequent backups/restores failures
- Participates in disaster recovery planning and execution Leads all recovery activities for the document management system and assists with the recovery of other Arca systems as required
- Provides technical consulting and responds to error reports, problems or questions
- Performs Server Setup (Storage RAID configurations, Operating System (Windows, Linux, VMware) installations and Configurations TCP/IP Provisioning and Server Hardening
- Ensures that the cooling units at the data centres are working optimally to prevent damage to the hardware, liaises with external vendors where necessary
- Requisition and provision of IT related work tools for emplolyees
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree / HND in Computer/System/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering/ Applied physics/ Computer Science or a related discipline
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is advantageous
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, or Cisco is advantageous.
- Prior experience in tech support, desktop support, or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Windows/Linux/Mac OS.
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Experience with O365 and Windows server 2012 Active Directory
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience in laptops and computer accessories procurement.
- Relevant certification such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist), OCA (Oracle Certified Associate), OCP (Oracle Certified Professional), OSCA (Oracle Solaris Certified Associate), OSCP (Oracle Solaris Certified professional).