Individual Contractor – Technical Advisor – Project Management at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UN
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Individual Contractor – Technical Advisor – Project Management
Job no: 536854
Categories: Health, Consultancy
Assignment Duration: Eleven and half months
Purpose of Activity / Assignment
- The TA, project management will provide technical and operational support for the execution of Gavi-approved interventions, other designated roles on COVID-19 response in Nigeria, building resilience and strengthening the national health security
- This will involve the day-to-day management of all assigned project workflows and provision of direct technical support to the Deputy Director, Special Duties, while executing assigned project activities
- S/he will be responsible for tracking, ensuring completion and reporting of team deliverables.
- Develop implementation strategy, key strategic document, and methodology for the implementation of project
- Execute project activities, manage workflows of project officers and track budgets, timelines and activities to achieve schedule targets
- Review project activities and project expenditure to ensure quality, accountability, contractual compliance, and efficient utilization of project resources
- Identify programme bottlenecks and proactively devise ways to mitigate risk
- Track and report on implementation of Gavi supported activities and strategic initiatives
- Support the timely development and submission of programmatic and financial report of Gavi-supported activities
- Document best practices in development of projects, archive all project documentation and clean-up of documents at the close of projects
- Share critical insights from the project with other managers and directors during periodic organization-wide event.
Education and Experience
- Academic training: Minimum of Master’s Degree in International Development, Policy and Strategy Development, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Management or similarly relevant fields
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience implementing development projects, with a good understanding of the operations of the government, donors, and other development organizations
- Experience with project planning/ management to include development of end-to-end project plans for health strategic initiatives, which include supported budgets, timelines and resource utilization;
- Consulting expertise: experience in strategy design or systems strengthening in a recognized consulting firm or health programme
- Certification as a Project Management Professional preferred, but not required.
Deadline: 27th December, 2020 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.