Imo State University Recruitment 2022 March
Imo State University was established in 1981 through law No. 4 passed by the Imo State House of Assembly. Established with the vision of pursuing the advancement of learning and academic excellence, the university has been unrelenting in the pursuit of its mission of becoming a citadel of learning, a community with the trademark of excellence in teaching, research and service to humanity, a catalyst as well as an agent for development.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning
Location: Owerri, Imo
Responsibilities / Functions
- The Director of Physical Planning shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor and be able to provide appropriate leadership and advice on the University’s Physical Development Policies and Programs.
Qualification & Experience
The candidate for the post must possess:
- A Degree or its equivalent qualification in Architecture or Civil Engineering, registrable as an Architect by Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON), or as an Engineer by the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN),
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Registration Certificate and current Practicing License by ARCON or COREN
- 15 years post ARCON/COREN Registration experience in a Physical Planning Directorate of a University,
- 5 years of which as a Deputy Director, Possession of Higher Degrees, proficiency in use of CADD softwares, Fellowship of the Nigerian Institute of Architects or The Nigerian Society of Engineers will be added advantage(s).
- He must be a computer literate.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit thirty (30) copies of their application with credentials and Curriculum Vitae which must include among other things, the following information:
- Name of Candidate (Surname first)
- Date & Place of birth
- Permanent Home Address
- State & Local Government of Origin
- Marital status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Schools Attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates, including FSLC
- Work Experience
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked at the top left-hand corner “For the post of Director of Physical Planning” to:
Imo State University,
Owerri, Imo State.
Note: Referees should address their reports to the Ag. Registrar.