ICPC Music Competition For Nigerian Youths – N3 Million Wining Prize
https://20thanniversary.icpc.gov.ng/music-competition/ – How To Participate In ICPC Music Competition For Nigerian Youths – N3 Million Winning Prize
As part of its 20 Anniversary celebration, ICPC is organizing a music competition for Nigerian youths (15-29 years). This is an opportunity for the youths to creatively express themselves on anti-corruption issues in musical compositions and present to the public for an opportunity to win.
ICPC is, therefore, calling on all Nigerian Youths, residents in Nigeria to partake in music competition which will be entirely online.
The Music Competition is in line with the Commission’s function as stated in S.6 (e-f) of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act 2000 which states that it shall be the duty of the Commission to “educate the public on and against bribery, corruption, and related offenses; and to enlist and foster public support in combatting corruption”.
How it works
- Create an amazing music video speaking openly against corruption and encouraging integrity in your community.
- Create an application on the designated website following all the competition rules to avoid disqualification.
- Submit your application after filling the bio-data form and uploading your video, the lyrics and other documents. Ensure that you observe all the competition rules to avoid disqualification.
- All songs must be original compositions and speak to Anti-corruption themes – integrity, good governance, good
- behavior, a corruption-free society, etc.
- Song Lyrics must also be submitted.
- All songs and lyrics should be in English or Pidgin English or a combination of both.
- Only one song per entry. The song should not be a cover, medley, or compilation of songs.
- Entries must be submitted online at https://20thanniversary.icpc.gov.ng
- The competition starts on 6 July 2020. The deadline for the submission of entries is Sunday, 19th July 2020, 23:59 West African Time (WAT). Late entries would not be entertained.
- Each entry will be assessed by a panel of judges, who will shortlist until the best entries are carefully chosen.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- Nigerian youths between the ages of 15 – 29 years.
- Government-issued identification is required to prove age.
Mode of Entry
- All contestants are to record themselves (or their group of not more than 8 persons) singing their composed song with or without accompaniment.
- Only one entry per person or group (and if a person is part of a group, a separate individual entry should not be submitted)
- A 30 – 60-second video of the recorded singing is to be uploaded to the 20 Anniversary website at 20thanniversary.icpc.gov.ng.
- Supported video formats: mov, mp4, m4v, webm, ogv, wmv, flv, avi
- Lyrics should also be uploaded.
- Selection would be done by a panel of music experts.
- All Contestants must follow ICPC on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube.
- Winners will be notified by email.
Criteria for Judging Entries
- Content and relevance of lyrics
- Arrangement of lyrics
- Singing and presentation as a song.
- Plagiarism of videos or lyrics of other artists is strictly forbidden and will lead to disqualification.
- ICPC officers, the immediate family of ICPC officers, and the Judges are not eligible to apply.
- Professional artists and musicians are also not eligible.
Selection & Assessment Process
- Each entry will be randomly sent to any 2 judges from the panel of judges for evaluation. The average score of the two judges forms the entry’s score.
- Only 100 will be selected to go to the next level.
- The shortlisted entries now go the second stage which involves three judges. The 3 judges will score each of the entries. The average of their score becomes the new score of each entry at this stage.
- A final top 10 entries will emerge.
- The Top 10 will be placed on the Voting Platform for the public to vote.
- The winners (Top 5) will emerge based on the public votes.
1 Prize: Three Million Naira (?3,000,000)
2 Prize: Two Million Naira (?2,000,000)
3 Prize: One Million, Five Hundred Thousand Naira (?1,500,000)
4 Prize: One Million Naira (?1,000,000)
5 Prize: Five Hundred Thousand Naira (?500,000)
ICYMI: Stand a chance to win the sum of N3 Million cash by participating in the ICPC Anti-Corruption Music Competition organised in commemoration of its 20th anniversary. For details, please visit: https://t.co/CZgD4WmABd pic.twitter.com/10Xn4K0Epd
— ICPC Nigeria (@ICPC_PE) July 7, 2020