Human Resources Generalist at WTS Energy
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Recommend appropriate strategies and solutions that enable the achievement of competitive sourcing of talent in the short-, medium- and long-term.
- Identify and implement specific manpower resourcing initiatives required to support the long-term growth and stability of the Company.
- Provide advisory and benchmarking support, and information related to organisation and job design, and manpower resourcing activity areas.
- Develop/update pre-employment assessment tools to ensure candidates with adequate levels of intelligence and performance potential are hired at all times.
- Ensure clearly articulated and communicated Recruitment & Selection, deployment and exit management policies and procedures are articulated and available for use.
- Develop HR metrics that support the accomplishment of the department & company strategic goals. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Develop departmental charters, organisation structure charts and job descriptions that adequately describe the business activities of each department.
Recruitment & Succession Plan:
- Periodically update recruitment and selection procedures to ensure they align with best practice and ensure these serve as a guide to interviewers and others involved in the recruitment process, therefore making the process efficient.
- Ensure recruitment administration is properly done and that interview and testing activities are well planned and coordinated, covering selection of candidates, interviewers, dates, location etc.
- Ensure Line management/functional leads are extensively involved in identifying people who will eventually become members of their teams thus laying a good foundation for teaming.
Human Performance & Capability Development:
- Manage on-time roll out of activities, and the adequacy, effectiveness and user friendliness of the Performance Management System and tools for enhancing the current capabilities and performance potential of the workforce as a whole.
- Ensure employee performance results adequately reflect departmental performance levels.
Employee Relations & Consultation:
- Maintain compliance with Nigerian Labour laws concerning all employment, compensation, insurance related issue.
- Respond to executives, managers, supervisors and employees concerning employee relations policies, practices and procedures.
- Review personnel issues and problems and prepares equitable, promptly and timely recommendations for their resolution/appropriate action.
- First Degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, Administration etc. or other relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years HR operational and/or consulting experience within a reputable and structured business environment, 3 years must be at a senior level.
- Professional Membership of CIPM or CIPD.
- Good working knowledge of the key human resources processes such as learning and development, talent management, career management, succession planning, mentoring, skills management, organisation development and HR operations.