First Ideologies Limited (FIL) is a business solution firm born out of passion to see existing businesses grow and new ones springing up.
Our core speciality is to partner with businesses of every kind and size by providing timely business advisory services and human capital development so lutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Manager
Job type: Full time
Department: Health, Safety and Environment(HSE)
Domain: Oil and Gas.
- The HSE Coordinator will supervise for OPAC’s management, to ensure safety and environmental compliance and assist in the achievement of meeting company goals and initiatives, profitability and productivity requirements.
- The HSE Coordinator is responsible for the design, development, implementation, communication and coordination of all environmental, health, safety and other relevant programs for the organization.
- The HSE Manager reports to OPAC’s GM Services or any other designate and interface with their peers in all departments to ensure existing processes and special projects are in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations as they apply to the organizations operations.
- Develop, implement and maintain employee safety training programs as indicated by regulatory guidelines, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment, including authorized level training.
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance and mentoring to managers and employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes.
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective and preventative measure where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness and improve safe work practices.
- Ensure that Contractor HSE activities comply with Company’s & Contractor HSE Policies & Plans, conform to the terms & conditions of the Contract and meet local statutory HSE regulations.
- Implement and monitor the HSE Management System, Plans and Safe Work Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with timely reporting as required by state and federal health safety regulations and other relevant regulatory bodies.
- Maintain timely environmental and safety reporting to the management as at agreed time.
- Provides laboratory safety support along with periodic Lab-pack cleanouts as required or necessary.
- Performs industrial hygiene activities including chemical monitoring, ozone monitoring, and any other monitoring programs as necessary.
- Ensures emergency response systems, policies and procedures are in place to manage emergency situations
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and rules.
- Interfaces effectively with peer organizations and peer department – Maintenance, Security, Oil movement, Finance, HR/Adm etc.
- Continuous Improvement and quality– to achieve OPAC’s goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical, Engineering or Pure Science area is required.
- Other relevant certifications are desired.
- Excellent leadership skills with a demonstrated record of success
- 7yrs and above of related HSE experience in Oil and gas or other relevant environment
- Proficiency in HSE reporting systems such as IS Network and PEC
- Self-motivated individual with a bias toward action
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in micro-soft word and excel.
- History of credibility in mentoring and forging positive working relationships with the business unit team, divisional staff and corporate leadership
- Must be able to be “on-call” for emergencies when necessary.
Deadline: 30th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.