Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Limited. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has two hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency/trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite, and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hospital Manager
Location: (Jebba, Kainji) Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Hospital Manager who reports primarily to the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for creating work schedules and communicating with doctors on budgeting and maintaining supplies stock.
- The incumbent will supervise employees and ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
- The hospital Manager is responsible for the strategic, financial and day-to-day management of the hospital, community health services and general practitioner (GP) practices.
- The incumbent will plan and coordinate the health services of the hospital, supervise all resources of the hospital to ensure operations run smoothly, including staff, document management, assets and others.
- The hospital Manager will create reports to analyze the effectiveness of various departments and work to reach and exceed financial goals while maintaining budgets.
- The role holder will work to improve the efficiency of care, keep up-to-date on new laws, represent the facility at meetings and organize the records of facility services.
- To succeed in this role, the Hospital Manager need to understand hospital economics, labor relations, and human resources administration and have proven management skills. It is important for the hospital manager to have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- The Hospital manager must be able to work well with a variety of professionals, from doctors and nurses to CEOs and other staff, must utilize problem-solving and technical skills to find creative solutions for staffing and administrative problems and follow advancements in technology.
- Bachelor in Business or Healthcare Administration, Masters in Administration is preferable
- 5 years minimum of proven work experience as a Hospital Administration Manager, Medical Office Manager or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and hospital industry.
- Hands-on experience with database systems and MS Excel.
- Solid understanding of healthcare procedures and regulations.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Familiarity with medical transcription.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to supervise and train team members.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Directing, coordinating and administering medical and non-medical resources, facilities and services
- Supervise daily administrative operations
- Monitor expenses and suggest cost-effective alternatives
- Create quarterly and annual budgets
- Develop and implement effective policies for all operational procedures
- Prepare work schedules
- Maintain organized medical and employee records
- Monitor administrative staff’s performance
- Regularly give reports of hospital activities to the CEO
- Ensure prompt ordering and stocking of medical and office supplies
- Answer queries from staff and external bodies
- Develop strategies to improve revenue of the hospital
- Stay up-to-date with healthcare regulations.
Deadline: 5th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Position Title and Preferred Loation” as subject of the email application.