Head of Procurement at Afriglobal Medicare
Afriglobal Medicare Limited is a state-of-the-art diagnostic center with special attention to patient care. We are amongst the top three integrated chain of diagnostic centers in Nigeria where patient care comes first. Our core services include Radiology, Pathology, and Cardiology testing. We also offer affordable wellness packages for every member of the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Procurement
Purpose / Role
To guide and lead the procurement and inventory team members across the centres nationwide-supporting the C.O.O in driving transformational initiatives that ensure the organization is well-equipped and positioned with global diagnostics best standard procurement and inventory operational concept.
Key Aims and objectives:
- The role is responsible for day to day execution support to both primary and secondary value chains departments of the company in driving profitability / revenue plans frame work and transformational growth strategy as provisioned in the annual operation plan.
Supply Chain/Operation Purchase & Costing:
- Costing functions include determining actual costs of providing AML various reagents and consumables, scrutinizing associated company expenses, analyzing profitability and supporting the C.O.O in preparing the company budget on Opex.
- Responsible for company inbound & outbound samples and reagents logistics.
Periodic Purchase Review:
- Handle all pricing recommendation of medical reagents and consumables.
- Handle all recommendation of medical and non-medical kits.
- Advise the C.O.O in preparing and recommending profitability analysis for all purchases.
Reporting and Control:
- Presenting MR (monthly report) for all centres to the C.O.O.
- Support the C.O.O in the development and management of the business P&L
- Control all processes in inventory and purchases of ERC (Equipment, reagent and consumables).
- Specific Control to the internal needs of ISO -15189 in Laboratory
- Oversee all centres/regions day to day report on administration of reagents and consumables with the aid of Manorama software.
- Use data from IT systems/Office of Strategy Management to control wastage and quality improvements.
Coordination with Regional Business Head/Centre Heads:
- Liaise with the RBHs & CHs for seamless inventory and supply of ERC in their centres
- Manage supply and inventory SOPs of all ERC in each centre from Ikeja to outside centres nationwide.
- Prompt delivery of all ERC approved requisition in each centre
- Track all KPIs for the team members and vendors on structured measurable mode
- Develop a deep understanding and administration of all centres ERC, IT and non-medical
- requisition/placement for effective business supports across centres.
- Build a forward looking, strategic and commercially focused Business Partnering Team
- Agree and manage Service Level Agreements with all vendors.
Governance & Legal:
- Define and maintain Company procurement and inventory policies and procedures
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliances in respect of all procurement and placement reference to the business.
- Implement and maintain internal controls according to both national & international best standard practices, ISO -15189.
- Oversee all operation modes in alignment with appropriate State, National & International regulatory requirements.
Experience, Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Minimum of 7 years of cognate experience as Procurement & Inventory Manager in the industry.
- First degree in Medical or Para Medical from a reputable institution
- Strategic focus and forward looking, experienced in diagnostic business partnering with C.O.O to develop and deliver business strategies.
- Familiar with operational processes, procedures and policies.
- Strong people management skills.
- Detailed understanding of operational risk management in ref to choice of purchase, storage of ERC and manpower.
- Experienced in building high performing Inventory and purchases functions,
Core Operational / Technical Competencies:
- Industry knowledge & Vendor contacts base
- Multi-specialty Purchase expertise (Pathology, Radiology, Cardiology)
- Logical thinking and astute price negotiator for best quality
- P&L Understanding
- Employee management techniques
- Smart Work attitude
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, strong commercial judgment.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable leadership skills with the ability to provide clear, direct and authoritative direction to others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- High energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Able to manage time, prioritize tasks and work under pressure.