Head of People Operations at Paga Nigeria
Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of People Operations
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector: Consumer Finance
Reports to: CEO
Career Level: Grade 13
About the Role
- As the Head of People Operations, you will oversee all things related to Human Resources – Employee Experience, Talent Acquisition, Culture & Internal Communications, Total Rewards, Equity & Inclusion, Learning & Development, and our Workplace strategy.
- You will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration.
- You are an accomplished people and culture leader passionate about driving the work that establishes Paga’s inclusive, engaging employee experience strategy, scaling our HR and recruiting infrastructure, and designing and delivering innovative people programs that make Paga a great place to work.
- As the Head of People Operations at Paga, you will have a strong and influential company-wide presence and will need to embody our core values. You will commit to an approach that focuses equally on strategy, as it does on rolling up your sleeves to execute on the work.
- You will translate company plans into HR initiatives that motivate employees to do their best work and feel proud to work for Paga. You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will lead and build a People team to support the growing business.
- Own, develop, and implement Paga’s People strategy, procedures, & policies
- Oversee the Paga employee experience and life cycle from Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Culture, Learning & Development, Total Rewards, and Organisational Design
- Lead talent management and acquisition initiatives that attracts, acquires and develops the best talent in the market
- Refine and oversee performance management tools and processes, mediate performance issues when necessary and provide counsel to fellow managers
- Work with your team to oversee the development of our total rewards philosophy that is motivating, equitable and rewards a high-performing culture
- Oversee and iterate on our performance review, promotion and overall growth philosophies within Paga
- Determine where policy changes and/or new policies are necessary for our workforce in order to create a more inclusive and equitable work environment
- Lead internal communication strategy ensuring employees have awareness and are engaged in company initiatives, programs, benefits, and practices.
- Function as a strategic business partner and thought leader to the entire Leadership team
- Lead by example with empathy and compassion, exhibiting exceptional emotional intelligence, communication, and influencing skills
- Build and maintain high levels of trust and business partnership with all leaders and especially the Chief Executive Officer
- Coach leaders and peers and model a culture where positive and constructive feedback is embraced to evolve leadership and drive company performance
- Cultivate a culture that Paga employees are proud to be part of
- Foster a commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive climate among leaders and employees leading the way towards an inclusive, and high performing culture
- Develop robust equity and inclusion training and programs to support employees at all levels in the organization
- Use data to develop solutions to support a best-in-class employee experience that supports the happiness of the team
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 10+ years experience as a progressive People Leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of a 2:1 in Human Resources, Social Sciences or in a discipline.
- Five or more years of working in a venture-backed, fast paced environment
- Broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner directly supporting founders and senior leaders.
- Strong collaborator that is capable of building and managing strong working relationships across organizational boundaries.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness, and credibility, and the ability to gain the trust of teammates at all levels.
- Hands-on, results-driven, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment, while having fun!
- Performance-driven leader with outstanding communication skills
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.