Head of Engineering at Talentsquare
Talentsquare – Our client is creating a unique and invaluable environment where entrepreneurs, creatives and innovators can develop their business quickly.
They maintain a physical and virtual international network of entrepreneurs sharing of open and collaborative values. They offer a quality framework where they can work, meet, collaborate, network, learn and have fun. In a community innovation approach with peers and enriching diversity, they allow all of the opportunities available to them to release their talent and participate actively in community life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
- You are passionate about building new technologies that can serve people and can effectively lead and manage the teams that create them.You’re smart enough to identify and forthright enough to cut through any BS, both upwards and laterally.
- You must be hands-on with the code and have verifiable experience building systems from small to scale with a do-or-die start-up company. Working directly with the CEO and engineering team, you will own the management of developers and the codebase for the company, and will dramatically influence the direction of the technology.
- You have successfully shipped applications with beautiful front-end and intelligent backend. You have demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Lead end-to-end design and development of cutting-edge products
- Work with product management and engineering team to build highly scalable products
- Keep an eye out for open source projects and technology trends that can be introduced in the products
- Be hands-on, adopt practical approach to software and technology
- Work closely with development team to explain the requirements and constantly monitor the progress
- Suggest improvements in systems & processes and assist technical team with issues needing technical expertise.
- Create technical content such as blogs, technical specification documents and system integration requirements documents.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, Info Systems, or related field
- 6 – 8 years of relevant experience in designing and developing scalable and distributed enterprise applications
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Proven ability to drive large scale projects with deep understanding of Agile SDLC, high collaboration and leadership
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, judgment and decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure.
- Expertise in common frameworks and managing and optimizing data stores such as MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience in building the configuration details for installation, deployment and configuration of cloud automation solutions on AWS.
- A great base pay, attractive performance bonus component based on performance. The exact salary depends on your qualifications and experience.
- Amazing personal growth experience
- Impactful work and a chance to make a social difference.
- A diverse and collaborative team
- Paid leave days
- Free Lunch.