Head, Health Safety and Environment in a Reputable Firm based in Lagos
Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable firm is looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Health Safety and Environment
- Oversee the review, implementation and auditing of the Management System to ensure on-going compliance with relevant legislation such as the HSE Notices, ISM Code, ISPS Code, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 29001, and other relevant QHSE legislation.
- Responsible for personal development and coaching of safety officers, Trainees and Assistants. Ensure there are structured development plans in place.
- Support the factories to develop their own safety officer action plans and strategies for development and improvement.
- Provide appropriate safety and health initiatives, accident prevention programs, and investigation of incidents.
- Acts as a Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) SME (Subject Matter Expert). Provides direct and timely counsel and information to management.
- Reviews and oversees all work processes and conditions to ensure HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) protective measures are optimized.
- Reporting and analysis of non-conformities, accidents and hazardous occurrences and at year end to analysis all accidents, incidents, near miss reports and non-conformances and report to management.
- Review HSSEQ correspondence and maintain document control systems and put in place HSE action plan and implement it
- Manage and coordinate a team of safety officers to ensure they proactively support the factory heads in driving safety practices.
- Maintain a dynamic and driven approach to promoting and supporting HSE across the organization.
- Be an ambassador for HSE and promote “out of the box” thinking which enables solutions to problems to be identified and implemented effectively throughout the organization.
- Develops, recommend preventative and improvement measures to ensure the enhancement of HSE program.
- Leverage on senior level expertise across the group to provide cost-effective technical guidance and strengthen technical competency.
- Oversight of organizations HSE expenses and budget.
- Ensure on time and accurate reporting of weekly and monthly HSE performance.
- Ensure that adequate and effective risk assessments are undertaken and regularly reviewed.
- Min of B.Sc. degree in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years HSE experience of which 3 years must be at a senior management level in any Engineering, Steel Fabrication firm
- MBA, M.Sc. or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Professional membership or registration in Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals (NISP)
- NEBOSH/OSHA certificate
- Knowledge in corporate HSE management, operations, safety audits, management information systems.
- Budget planning & preparation.
- Project management expertise and strategic planning & development
- Ability to deliver results.
- Have professional confidence.
- Must be a strategic thinker
Deadline: 26th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in MS word format to: email@example.com using “Head, Health Safety and Environment” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.