Head – Brewer at Champion Breweries Plc
Champion Breweries Plc., incorporated on 31st of July, 1974 strive to maintain and sustain rigorous production standards through the deployment of cutting edge technology and the application of human capital.
Since the launch of our brands in 1976, we have been guided by the sterling values of safety , quality, discipline, people development and team spirit to deliver to our consumers premium quality brands for responsible enjoyment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head – Brewer
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job type: Contract
About the Job
- The role is responsible for ensuring a timely production of all fermented and non-fermented beverage required by the business in the right quantities and quality at minimal cost in a safe and environmentally friendly way.
- Comply with Heineken and ISO based management systems policies and strategic decisions of the company to achieve its key performance indicators and improve its overall performance.
- Conduct periodic risk assessment and environmental aspects and impact to implement counter measures.
- Be customer focused and aim to satisfy the requirements of every internal and external customers in line with specified requirements.
- Adhere to all HeiQuest and food safety procedures and standards on HACCP, bio-vigilance, food defense systems and bioterrorism that will ensure that our products and co-products are safe for both human and animal consumption.
- Participate weekly in production planning and implement to meet sales and distribution forecasts for brewed products.
- Ensure products is maintained in order to assure consistency and meet the expectation of consumers in a competitive market.
- Ensure brewing assets are properly maintained to reduce breakdown downtime.
- Ensure sales and distribution demands for the area are met in the short, medium and long term to avoid stock out and loss of market share.
- Ensure good housekeeping to maintain product quality.
- Ensure that departmental organization have the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well trained personnel.
- Generate and contribute operational and performance reports to management for decision taking.
- Relevant B.Sc Degree in Biology, Chemical Sciences, Chemical Engineering or any other related field.
- PGD in Brewing or Equivalent is desirable
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.