Hatchery Manager at Olam Nigeria
Olam Nigeria Limited is located in Lagos, Nigeria and is part of the Farm Support Services Industry. Olam Nigeria Limited has 3,000 employees at this location and generates $222.01 million in sales (USD).
With offices and operational units across all geopolitical zones of the Nigerian Federation, Olam has a wide and growing network of farmers, suppliers, wholesalers, local buying agents (LBAs), customers and service providers. Today, these networks encompass approximately 500,000 farmers and have created tens of thousands of jobs in indirect employment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hatchery Manager
Sub-Function: MATS Common
- The position requires efficiently managing a fully automated Petersime Hatchery with a capacity of 1.5 million D.O.C per week, along with its day-to-day activities.
- The General Manager is responsible for overall general running of Hatchery activities whilst;
- Manage budget for departmental consumables, vaccines, drugs and spare parts.
- Ensure target setting, weekly technical reporting of operations.
- Coordination and execution of Hatchery production plan and design day to day operational decision subject to the approval of the Business Head/ General Manager.
- Manage large teams.
- Plans, develops, and implements policies and practices for the operation of the commercial hatchery to ensure the attainment of goals and profitable operations.
- Coordinates through Managers and supervisors’ strict compliance of standard Hatchery SOP and biosecurity protocol.
- Advise on cost efficient ways of achieving set objectives.
Manages the entire Hatchery team to:
- To ensure proper sorting of eggs by removing hatchable from unhatchable eggs (i.e. removal of crack, misshape, extra-large above 70g, small below 50g, excessive mineral deposited, double yolk egg), and very dirty egg.
- Ensure adequate fumigation of hatchable eggs after sorting.
- Ensure appropriate and standard parameters of the setter room are kept which includes: the temperature and humidity of the setter room by proper functioning of the AIR HANDLING UNIT, the oxygen inlet.
- Ensure the Hatchers and the baskets in them are dry before candling on every candling day and ensure the Hatchers maintain their targeted temperature and humidity conditions before and after every candling process.
- Monitoring the temperature and humidity inside cold room and egg sorting room and record them very well.
- Ensure proper setting of eggs on the trolleys and into setter, keeping of setting eggs trolley report every setting day
- Ensure adequate sanitary of the internal and external environment of the Setter room by cleaning and disinfecting of the setter room daily.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Sciences/ Agriculture Science (Animal Production).
- 8-10 years of experience in handling a state-of-the-Art Hatchery.
- Experience is required in a Parent Stock Hatchery, alongside a Commercial Hatchery.