Harvesting Supervisor at Tomato Jos Farming and Processing Limited
Tomato Jos is a private equity backed, fast-growing social enterprise located in Kaduna, Nigeria, that believes in the power of local production for local consumption. Our company aims to supply 10% of the processed tomato market in Nigeria within the next 5 years. We source tomatoes from smallholder farmers within our network and make high-quality branded consumer products for Nigeria and West Africa. We currently operate a 500Ha commercial farm and run a successful smallholder program with over 500 farmers. In 2020, the company built a tomato processing facility and we will conduct our first production run in Q1/Q2 2021, with an aim to launch our first retail packaged product later this year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Harvesting Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
- Conduct and coordinate all crop harvest on TJ fields inclusive of the smallholders
- Manage the day-to-day harvest operations by scheduling and coordinating staff, hired laborers, and assets of the operations unit.
- Inspects orchards, Tomato, Soya, and Maize fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Direct the Assigning of farmers, hired laborers, and field supervisors to their respective fields
- Train all direct reports to be able to explain to the farmers, field supervisors, and the hired laborers the tomato color chart and the picking process daily just before each pick in case of maize harvest, all the plucking processes.
- Provide the farm operations manager with a daily record of the number of crates/baskets of tomatoes, and bags for all grains harvested per farmer or field.
- Provide the farm operations manager (or through the farm admin) with all the harvest yield data at the end of all harvests each day
- Provide the Junior harvest supervisors with all the record sheets and other materials needed during each harvest
- Ensure to follow the harvest schedule in a systematic order so as to be efficient and timely
- Responsible for the quality of harvested products delivered to the factory or customers, relay concerns and adverse conditions or results to the farm operations manager.
- Work with the junior harvest supervisors along with the Farm Ops’ labor coordinator to manage, organize and take responsibility for the labor requirements for harvest on all TJ and OG fields.
- Work with the Junior harvest supervisors and the logistic team to plan the day-to-day order fulfillment to the factory or sales team.
- Provide the finance team with the daily actual labor claims of the hired laborers for payment.
- Provide the operations manager with all the procurement needs and tools for each scheduled harvest.
- Coordinate the harvest team to ensure that all harvest crates, containers, and other tools are washed or cleaned and properly stored at the end of harvest.
- Establish clear communication with all harvest team members
- Acknowledge and obey all company safety and food safety rules and regulations at all times, working in a safe and legal manner.
- Report all injuries and accidents immediately to the Farm Operations Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 – 4 years relevant work experience.
Deadline: 19th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.