Group Head, Regulatory Returns & Financial Crimes at Sterling Bank Plc
Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Group Head, Regulatory Returns & Financial Crimes
Job Type: Full time
Specialization: Banking / Finance / Insurance
To inculcate in various business groups the compliance culture which provides all stakeholders an assurance of business continuity and appropriate returns on investment; providing compliance risk management support that protects the Bank from regulatory enforcement and reputational damage.
- Implement the compliance risk policy of the Bank in conjunction with various stakeholders.
- Develop appropriate policies to foster the AML/CFT Compliance Program and mitigating identified risk through policy formulation and monitoring
- Supervise general KYC issues and implementation of the various KYC Policies.
- Operational supervision of other Compliance Officers /departments for efficient and effective management of the compliance function in the Bank
- Provide compliance advisory to the Bank on local and cross border relationships so as to avoid breach of due diligence procedures in engagements
- Develop an adequate risk assessment processes, policies and procedures to comprehensively manage identified/perceived risks.
- Provide operational coordination on general compliance education in the Bank through timely information dissemination, thus, increasing compliance awareness leading to improved compliance culture in the Bank.
- Identify weaknesses in the AML/CFT Compliance Program and implement necessary and timely corrective action at the institutional level
- Minimum of 10 years’ post-qualification banking experience out of which least 4 years should be in Branch Operations, Risk/ Control functions or any other relevant group within the Financial Services Industry
Deadline: 15th September, 2020.