Grants Writer / Communications and Development Officer at CribMD
CribMd is a Doctor House Call and telemedicine platform designed to enable effective and Efficient Doctor on Demand services.
We are revolutionizing every step of the care process, from affordability, patient-provider matching, to billing, and health record management. Through the touch of an app or a click on our site, an affordable, highly-vetted, qualified medical doctor will arrive at your door, twenty four hours a day, 365 days a year.
The CribMD experience brings preventive, primary, and urgent care to a patient’s doorstep. We empower our medical teams to develop deep patient relationships through unhurried visits, comprehensive care, and immersion in the patient’s home environment. We invest heavily in the patient experience while minimizing overhead and paperwork, and through this model we have achieved some of the highest patient satisfaction scores in the industry and 5 star ratings on care gap closures.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Writer / Communications and Development Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About The Positiion
- This position is part of a two-person team responsible for the full range of fund development activities for the organization.
- These activities include grant writing, applying to incubators, accelerators, venture funds, and industry awards. Specifically, this team memeber will be heavily involved in capital campaign efforts.
- The this team member will help identify and craft CribMD’s applications to various grants, incubators, accelerators, venture funds and industry award to spread our good work.
- Identify Funding Sources
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enters and monitors tracking data.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing.
- Experience with prospect research / Finding Funding Sources.
- Experience with fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Media, or related field
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
Major Asset to Have:
- Presentation skills
- Exceptional research skills
- Exceptional Ability to identify funding sources
- Written communication
- Graphic design skills
- Technical documentation
- Layout skills
- Problem solving
- Process improvement
- Strategic planning
- Market knowledge