Graduate Training Officer at Baobab Microfinance Bank
Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets joining Later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Report to: Training Manager
- Design and Organize training for the company with line managers by considering immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with line managers.
- Planning, directing and delivering training and development programmes including staff inductions, to accomplish the organisation’s goals.
- Developing individual training programmes that meet the skills gap identified through training needs assessment.
- Designing and implementing appropriate e-learning strategies.
- Promoting an open knowledge-sharing environment that builds knowledge, skills and service for the benefit of the organisation as a whole.
- Acts as the liaison and coordinator of programmes conducted by external training partners.
- Be an integral part of the annual performance appraisal process, prepared after discussions between the employee, line manager and an HR, usually the T&D Manager.
Set of Tasks:
- Design and update the training plan and training modules, in coordination with all participants.
- Accompany participants throughout training
- Detect training needs
- Follow up on exams
- Post- training follow-up
- Design a structured and relevant training plan
- Organize and update the training schedule
- Assess the competence and progress of each participant
- Analyse any issues linked to the performance of the training system
- Assist the sales director, on his request, with the recruiting process
- Asses the yearly training budget, taking into account the company’s resources
- Design and use tools to identify needs in terms of training
Education / Experience
- University degree with 1-3 years work experience.
- Solid Knowledge of banking & financial products and Training and Development Strategy
- Working experience in a microfinance institution
- Experience in the training field
- Excellent coaching skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Articulate and convincing
- Analysis skills
- Designing and writing skills
- Cross-disciplinary management skills
- Organized, disciplined and with a talent for observation
- Honesty and loyalty
- Rigorous and unbiased
- Team Spirit
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Applicant must be residing in Kaduna
Deadline: 29th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Resume to: Fmaidugu@baobabgroup.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.