Graduate Trainee Program at Cordros Asset Management Limited
Cordros Asset Management Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cordros Capital Limited licensed by the Securities & Exchange Commission as a fund/portfolio management company. Cordros Asset Management is committed to creating value for its diverse clientele base and ensuring their investment objectives are achieved within the agreed parameters. Cordros Asset Management Limited understands the portfolio structure that should be adopted and the role of the asset manager in achieving the investor’s overall investment objectives.
Application are invited for:
Title: 2020 Cordros Academy Program
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Role: Equity Research Analysts (Graduate Trainees)
Reporting To: Head, Research & Strategy
Job Type: Permanent
- The Cordros Academy Program offers highly motivated individuals’ an opportunity to gain capital market experience, test drive a career in financial services at a leading financial services group, offering services in securities trading, asset management, investment banking, research and investment analysis and licensed as Brokers/Issuing House and Fund/Portfolio Managers by the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Successful candidates will perform fundamental research and analysis across various sectors (Financial Services, Energy, FMCGs, Telecoms, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical, etc.) and the companies within them, as well as interact with industry experts and analysts.
- Create and maintain earnings, valuation, and industrial models for their coverage companies.
- Analyze data to identify emerging opportunities and risks and justify the reasoning for such.
- Provide BUY/SELL/HOLD recommendations and present findings to clients and the investment team.
- Assist in writing research reports to be published using several media platforms.
- Build relationships with investor relations teams of portfolio companies.
- Devise and perform primary research analysis, keeping abreast of trends and sentiments in the capital market.
- Liaise with internal sales and trading teams on responding to news, corporate actions, and reporting events.
- Interact with institutional investors, communicating investment research and responding to requests for models and ad-hoc analysis.
- Develop deep expertise by unearthing news, transformations, trends and developments on coverage sectors
- Develop a network of sources and contacts in the industries to generate insights and story ideas to share with clients.
- Maintain a public image for the firm at conferences/events.
- Disseminate the company’s research reports, building its brand and referring potential new clients.
Education & Experience
- Graduated from University with a minimum of 2:2 in Economics, Accounting and Business Administration.
- Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme
- Be 27 years or below as at December 31, 2020
- 0-1 years’ experience in the financial services industry as an analyst
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in presenting and debating a point under pressure.
- Good understanding of financial statements
- Good understanding of economics
- Advanced MS Office Proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills
- Well-developed organizational skills to respond to shifting priorities on multiple projects.
- The ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team.
- Demonstrated job commitment, as well as personal flexibility and adaptability required to meet client needs.
- A high degree of initiative, motivation, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and a passion for excellence.
- The desire to learn and develop knowledge
- An excellent eye for detail and discrepancies
- Good research skills.
- Good presentation skills
Having the following are an advantage:
- CFA, ACA, FMVA, FMI or plans towards completing any of these certifications
- Bloomberg Terminal proficiency
- A profound understanding of equity markets on a global level.
- A deep understanding of fundamental analysis, financial modelling, asset allocation, and strategy research.