Graduate Statistical Consulting Intern at Dataville Research LLC
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Job Title: Statistical Consulting Intern
- Statistical consulting is the most challenging and most rewarding part of statistics. A consultant uses the art and science of statistics to solve a practical problem
- The hands-on exercises consist of real-life datasets from industry, healthcare and government
- Therefore, it serves as a model for your analysis in this programme.
- Good consulting requires a strong technical background in statistics, good people skills, and for many, a good business sense
- In addition, modern statistical consulting often involves distance relationships with clients and distance technology.
- This remote statistical internship programme will help you develop skills that cover the whole range of the steps in the statistical consulting process: communication and managing client sessions, applying appropriate statistical techniques, interpreting results and communicating the findings in clear, non-mathematical terms
- Interns will work on broad statistical areas focused around industry, government and academia and a number of themes in international development.
- Conduct research design, instrument development, data analysis, interpretation and reporting of results.
- Review and summarize statistical methods in academic and industry journals.
- Contribute to our Statistical Consulting Center’s activities and IDR research fellowship.
- Apply statistical thinking and methods to public policy issues.
- A Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in a field related to Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Epidemiology, Public Health, or Mathematics with good academic standing. Degrees in Theoretical Physics, Engineering and other fields that deliver high-level training in mathematical modeling and other advanced quantitative techniques may also be eligible.
- Must have good written and oral communications skills in English.
- Programming and data analysis skills are desirable.
- Non-quantitative candidates with strong interest and passion for data analysis and machine learning may apply to this programme.
- Must have good organizational skills, problem-solving abilities, time management skills, initiative, flexibility, and ability to work on several assignments simultaneously.
- Must have solid working knowledge of Microsoft tools and software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th December, 2020.